Aqua Computer vs. Innovatek

Which one do you recommend Aqua Computer or Innovatek?

• Aqua Computer

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Innovatek

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Transporter_GW

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I am looking at only two possible water cooling options:
Aqua Computer vs. Innovatek

What are your thoughts or input on this?
I am currently using Swiftech and DD, just want to try something different.

Aqua Computer. It's cheaper than Innovatek, it's damn good quality (none of those bullshit plastic clip on retention modules), and many companies, including innovatek, rip off their designs.

I tend to think of Innovatek as the thermaltake of german watercooling.

Another company to look for, is Alphacool. MUCH cheaper, very high quality, high performance.. can't go wrong.

Bbq said:
Aqua Computer. It's cheaper than Innovatek, it's damn good quality (none of those bullshit plastic clip on retention modules), and many companies, including innovatek, rip off their designs.

I tend to think of Innovatek as the thermaltake of german watercooling.

Another company to look for, is Alphacool. MUCH cheaper, very high quality, high performance.. can't go wrong.

I used switch and DD before but now that i got that new ocz ram that uses 1/4 barbs so i wanted to keep the tubing the same on my new evga 680i board thats one of the reason why i want to try it and the fact that i always did before too. I got the alphacool pump so i just need the blocks but before I buy it i rather get some info from people that have it. Thanks for the input.

Transporter_GW said:
I used switch and DD before but now that i got that new ocz ram that uses 1/4 barbs so i wanted to keep the tubing the same on my new evga 680i board thats one of the reason why i want to try it and the fact that i always did before too. I got the alphacool pump so i just need the blocks but before I buy it i rather get some info from people that have it. Thanks for the input.

Wow, you want to switch your entire loop to 1/4" just so you can watercool something that doesn't need to be watercooled in the first place?

If anything, branch a 1/4" loop off of your main loop and run the ram in parallel.

As far as I'm concerned, both aqua computer and innavotek are kits for people who want WC just for the sake of saying they have a water cooled computer. Performance (and even noise) are not any better than high end air. For that reason, I can't see the logic behind wanting to switch from swiftech/DD to AC, especially if it's just to watercool your ram.

chris.c said:
Wow, you want to switch your entire loop to 1/4" just so you can watercool something that doesn't need to be watercooled in the first place?

If anything, branch a 1/4" loop off of your main loop and run the ram in parallel.

As far as I'm concerned, both aqua computer and innavotek are kits for people who want WC just for the sake of saying they have a water cooled computer. Performance (and even noise) are not any better than high end air. For that reason, I can't see the logic behind wanting to switch from swiftech/DD to AC, especially if it's just to watercool your ram.

I like trying out new thing and I heard good reviews on both companies. Have you ran their setup before? I like that people are honest this way their is no BS. I thought about staying with my current setup but since I am running that pump I should be okay for flow rate and with 2 rads I should be able to cool it I honestly love the look of their stuff and just wanted to run smaller tubing this time around. Hey if I am not happy with the water cooling I know that my GF will be taking it off my hands. You guys know how it is, if it doesn't work to your satisfaction just pass it to the GF...lol.

IMHO the quality is about the same, but AC has better design. As already stated, Alphacool is much cheaper and almost as good. I've mixed in some of their stuff in my loop as well.

headala said:
IMHO the quality is about the same, but AC has better design. As already stated, Alphacool is much cheaper and almost as good. I've mixed in some of their stuff in my loop as well.

I am getting a kit so I will get all of aqua computers or all of the other stuff. It wierd going back to 1/4 but that ram is whats making me do it and the fact that I am selling my stuff again after i just got it. Anyways you think I should go for Aqua Computers not Innovatek.
Whats with 6 mm and 8 mm tubing any thought on this, I thought 1/4 was 6 mm tubing or am i wrong on this

Where is the best place to purchase Aqua Computer or Innovatek parts?
I also wanted to know which radiator from Aqua Computers is better?

Sharka is the only place in NA you can get Aqua. I believe PerformancePCS has innovatek, and alphacool. Frozen does too, but they're more expensive.

For AC rads, go with the Airplex XT. It's the one that looks like a Black ice pro, because it is. Way better than the older condenser styled rads.

Bbq said:
Sharka is the only place in NA you can get Aqua. I believe PerformancePCS has innovatek, and alphacool. Frozen does too, but they're more expensive.

For AC rads, go with the Airplex XT. It's the one that looks like a Black ice pro, because it is. Way better than the older condenser styled rads.

Okay thats sounds good, I really like Aqua Computer but if it becomes too much of problem to get it I may get the Innovatek since I have bought lots of stuff from Frozen before. I thought it has different thread and you can't use the GTS or GTX with them?

Any Idea of how the tubing works? I am not familiar with this system yet, I got ram that is 1/4 fitting and just wanted to know what type of connection I need

You could easily create a loop that would include the RAM blocks. Best bet is go Aquacomputer as their performance and looks are WAY better than Innovatek. I would suggest the Laing pump with the alphacool top to push water through the loop. I suggest a Thermochill radiator since it is the best but you can't go wrong with the new Aquacomputer radiators.

Your path of least resistance (and best results) would be to call Sharka and have the help you configure a nice loop to include the RAM. They have experience with Aquacomputer, Alphacool and Innovatek.

chris.c said:
.....As far as I'm concerned, both aqua computer and innavotek are kits for people who want WC just for the sake of saying they have a water cooled computer. Performance (and even noise) are not any better than high end air........

except for being a lot quieter. ;)

And there are tangible benifits to both systems. Just becuase a *properly* constructed loop of AC cools a couple of degrees warmer then your garden hose sized tubing and 7 HP gas powered water pump doesn't mean it's useless. :rolleyes:

Transporter_GW said:
I am getting a kit so I will get all of aqua computers or all of the other stuff. It wierd going back to 1/4 but that ram is whats making me do it and the fact that I am selling my stuff again after i just got it. Anyways you think I should go for Aqua Computers not Innovatek.
Whats with 6 mm and 8 mm tubing any thought on this, I thought 1/4 was 6 mm tubing or am i wrong on this

the only thing neg i have to say is that their rads are not effecient enough. use the bonny HC or go black ice stealth/extreme series

Back