• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aqua Computer vs Alphacool vs Innovatek

llars

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
104
I am deciding on what set of blocks to get and there is quite a bit of a price difference. I am looking at a Socket 939 block, one chipset block, and two 7800gt blocks.

The Alphacool blocks are 267.73 shipped from alphacool.de

The Aqua Computer blocks are 332.86 shipped from Sharka.

The Innovatek blocks are 434.38 shipped from Frozen.

I am leaning towards the Alphacool blocks because I can get them all with 8mm compression fittings. The Aqua Computer chipset block will not work in an SLI setup with 8mm compression fittings.

Thoughts?
 
uhh, from the listed blocks IMO AC is probably the best. Although without knowing WHICH blocks it's really hard to say. Each company makes SEVERAL blocks that fits each area you listed...
 
i have the cuplex pro w/the compression fittings and i love it.
 
Make a bastard child... I can say that I'm happy with the results of the XX-Flow rev2 I've got on my test bed right now but when installed with the retaining system Innova uses you don't see much of the block and it looks kinda crappy.

Since most small bore fans are as concerned about looks as they are performance I'd say go with a AC CPU block with Innova 8x10 compression fittings, that way you'll gain a marginal increase by using the larger Innova hoses (in thoery anyway).

If you're building SLI you're pretty much going to have to go with Alpha for the NB as they're the only one's I've seen that offset the barbs enough to clear the cards on most SLI boards. I don't have any specs on the holes for the fittings but most German gear accepts the same thread size so you'll probably be able to still use the Innova compression fittings there (personally I prefer compression fittings to plug-n-cool since I'm more familiar with using compression fittings building race cars).

The GPU blocks, go with whatever you like the looks of most. I'm probably going to use Innovatek GPU blocks when I finalize this build before taking it off the test bed.

Then use the Aquaero and Aquastream combo for your pumps, the Aquastream modified Ehiem pump will also accept 8x10 compression fittings.

As for the radiator, I know both the AC and Innova rads will work with 8x10 fittings. Don't have much experience with Alpha yet.

Bada-"BLING"... you're all set.
 
ac makes a n/b cooler ofset for sli.... also you can run 3/8 barbs on all if the ac gear if thats waht you like... i did any way
 
You know what they say about opinions right?

The Alphacool site sells compression fittings that work with their blocks so I am covered there. I already have a BIP with compression fittings. My case presents some problems for the Pump/res as I have a lack of bays. I really want an aquaero but I have no place to mount it where it can be seen. I am probably going to the the Innovatek pump and a Tank O Matic. I can't use the AC version of the Eheim because I have nowhere to mount the control panel.

I am leaning towards the Alphacool blocks for chipset and GPU. For the CPU its a toss-up between AC and Alphacool.
 
Back
Top