• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aqua computer stuff + Lian Li quick questions

Amplify4575

Weaksauce
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
83
Hi guys, first post here. I've been browsing the site for some time now, and I'm getting ready to build my first comp this summer (I've been a Dell guy so far ;) ) I had 2 questions:

1. The LL case I've been looking at is the PC-65 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811112024. I'm interested in oc'ing and watercooling using the German way, Innovatech/Aquacomputer. Would I be ok using this case, in terms of space/size and a Evo 360 Triple 120mm rad ? If not that rad, then which rad would better suit the case I want. I'm thinking of having 2 x 250gb sata hdds, in case that might take up necessary space for the pump or rad.

2. I love the Aquatube. I was wondering if it would fit with the default mounting plate (square one, not bay) in the 3 3.5" bays of the above mentioned case. I think it would have a nice look and feel if it was located there.

Thanks for any help. I hope to wander around these forums for some time longer :)
 
The 360 is huge and will eat up alot of your space man, as for the aquatube mount for the 3.5 bays i have seen this done and trying to look for pics. If you can go with the evo 240 or if your dead set on the 360 you can get it externally mounted.
Also i sway more to the watercool rads as they look alot better and you can use fans on both sides ( AC rads only use one side ) http://www.watercool.de/
 
You can mount the aquatube at the 3.5" drive bay but you will have to use a spacer or something like this because the original front plate is a little bit to small and you would have a small gap at the left and the right side.

I have reused the aluminium from the top of my case (cut-out for radiator) to build a spacer:

as_detail2.jpg


The making of ;)

• planning
• first cut
• preparing with crepe
• cutting out the hole
• chamfering

The rounded corners were done with a grinder.
By the way: that man isn't me. It is a locksmith who helped me.

• draft
• how it works

You can also mount a APE360 at the top but this is really complex because you will have to find an new place for the PSU...
 
I just splashed out on a nice new V2100 and my aquacomputer setup isn't going to fit in it

:(

if only it was a bit wider / taller / deeper

I'm probably going to run pipes to another case nearby and use the PSU in that to power fans on the radiators in that box (should look quite good once I'm done) and I won't have to tear up too much on my new V2100 (aquatube will be mounted in the top though)
 
Liquidkristal said:
I just splashed out on a nice new V2100 and my aquacomputer setup isn't going to fit in it

Jeez! The 2100 isn't big enough? :confused: What isn't going to fit?

I got two Aquastreams, an Aquaero, AquaBay AT, two Aquatube's, two 120mm BI Pro rads, one 160 Airplex Evo rad, Cuplex XT, three TwinPlex's, five Raptor HDD's, and two optical DVD's in a V2000..
 
Shoggy said:
You can mount the aquatube at the 3.5" drive bay but you will have to use a spacer or something like this because the original front plate is a little bit to small and you would have a small gap at the left and the right side.

The making of:

• planning
• first cut
• preparing with crepe
• cutting out the hole
• chamfering
• draft
• how it works

One more note in Shoggy's incredible A-C Encyclopedia :D Dude you got to publish all this stuff in one place for posterity!
 
Top Nurse said:
Jeez! The 2100 isn't big enough? :confused: What isn't going to fit?

I got two Aquastreams, an Aquaero, AquaBay AT, two Aquatube's, two 120mm BI Pro rads, one 160 Airplex Evo rad, Cuplex XT, three TwinPlex's, five Raptor HDD's, and two optical DVD's in a V2000..

oh, umm, could you post pics..

my kit list entails..

Cooling Bits:

1 x auquatube
2 x Evo 240 rads (each with 2 25mm deep fans) (this is the real touble, everything else fits)
2 x 6800 aquagfx blocks
1 x cuplex XT cpu block
1 x enheim 1048

PC bits:

FX-55
MSI Neo 4 Platinum SLi
Enermax 600W SLi
2 x 6800 Ultras
2GB G.Skill (might drop to 1 GB as they are double sided and the website says that 4 slots of double sided only run at single rate)
2 x 36GB SCSI disks (quantums I think)
2 x 120GB Seagate SATA
1 x Audigy 2
1 x NEC 3520a
1 x Generic DVD reader (Looks like a toshiba)

now I can put the aquatube up at the top in near the front (easy to top up and looks cool), and the pump will fit above the PSU in the space near the 2 fan holes, but I have no idea where I can fit 2 x evo 240 rads, hence the idea for the seperate cooling box just running fans / rads etc
 
Shoggy-

I really like the way you mounted the Aquatube in the front of your case. Do you have a worklog posted somewhere? I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of your project! :p
 
I am a little pressed for time ATM, but I will post later :) But I think I can help you out in getting all that stuff in :D

Actually I was thinking of throwing in another 120mm or 240mm rad just for grins and future upgradeability issues when I go with pelts on the Cuplex XT and TwinPlex's.
 
Top Nurse said:
I am a little pressed for time ATM, but I will post later :) But I think I can help you out in getting all that stuff in :D

Actually I was thinking of throwing in another 120mm or 240mm rad just for grins and future upgradeability issues when I go with pelts on the Cuplex XT and TwinPlex's.
cool, thanks
 
Yellowsnow17 said:
Shoggy-

I really like the way you mounted the Aquatube in the front of your case. Do you have a worklog posted somewhere? I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of your project! :p
*click me*

That little photostory is around 1.5 years old. There have been several more or less small updates till now.
 
Shoggy said:
*click me*

That little photostory is around 1.5 years old. There have been several more or less small updates till now.

I keep looking at that Aquajet and keep thinking something isn't quite normal. Did you shorten the Aquajet tube?
 
If you are going to use SLI a 360 will probably not work. I have the V2000 and I have a 240 in the top and a 160 in the bottom. The 360 in the top will not allow your second 6800 to fit.
 
Quick Q: Waterchill components are considered high flow, as opposed to aquacomp stuff? Does that mean that waterchill parts are bigger?
 
Infina said:
Quick Q: Waterchill components are considered high flow, as opposed to aquacomp stuff? Does that mean that waterchill parts are bigger?
It's all about flow.
 
Infina said:
Quick Q: Waterchill components are considered high flow, as opposed to aquacomp stuff? Does that mean that waterchill parts are bigger?

No it means that the channels, connectors, and system are optimized for a low flow environment. All the metal stuff is approximately the same size. :)
 
Back
Top