• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Aqua 280

theseeker

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
2,245
DHL dropped off two Aqua 280 coolers today and here they are.
DSC00995.jpg

I also got the Twin Connect to get rid of those damn elbows! And of course a Cuplex DI for the I7.
DSC00997.jpg

It looks good on the RE2.
DSC01003.jpg


The new system will be up and running tomorrow.
 
Love the looks of the blocks but I am reservations about the barbs . . .can you post a closer pic please?
 
Love the looks of the blocks but I am reservations about the barbs . . .can you post a closer pic please?
They are not barbs. Aqua calls them plug and cool and you push the tuning in and it locks.
I will post some closeups later today.
 
...am I missing something? Are those 6 little chips at the end of the vid cards getting cooled, there seems to be holes where they are supposed to be...
 
Here's my problem. I don't have small enough vga sinks to fit on these. Where do I get them? I want to use the Uni-sink but unfortunately the person I bought the card from threw out the stock cooler.

If I'm missing something, please fill me in. I have all the mem chips covered (except for 2-3 sinks that fell off during shipment that I have to reapply). Also the chip at the other end of the card I intend to put on a tweakmonster ramsink on it (is that enough?)
 
I have some reservations about those fittings. I'd just be concerned about leaks. Like, if the tubing gets cocked a little will they leak? How well do they hold up under load when the tubing gets softer?

They look like sharkbite fittings for PEX, CPVC and copper.
 
I have some reservations about those fittings. I'd just be concerned about leaks. Like, if the tubing gets cocked a little will they leak? How well do they hold up under load when the tubing gets softer?

They look like sharkbite fittings for PEX, CPVC and copper.

I have been using these fittings for 3.5 years and they do not leak. They hold up just fine.
It's just a different approach to H20 cooling. It is much more popular in Europe than in the US. Most people here like high flow and large tubing.
 
I'm wondering, isn't there a part under the board's fan that needs cooling? Please let us know what You decided to do for cooling the other components on the R2E.
 
I have some reservations about those fittings. I'd just be concerned about leaks. Like, if the tubing gets cocked a little will they leak? How well do they hold up under load when the tubing gets softer?

They look like sharkbite fittings for PEX, CPVC and copper.

Actually plug n cool connecctors offer the lowest resistance and best seal...
 
I'm wondering, isn't there a part under the board's fan that needs cooling? Please let us know what You decided to do for cooling the other components on the R2E.

The underside of the VC had some cheap thermal tape on the chips. It is not required once the casing is removed. I have done the same cooling setup with the 6, 7 and 8 series and the backside is fine with good case ventilation.
There is nothing readily available for the RE2 in the case of H20 cooling at the moment. The heatpipe's that Asus provides appear to be sufficiently adequate. However, I am sure that some will be released in the near future and I have a bad habit of adding additional blocks as they are released.
I will post my results in the next few days.
 
Back
Top