• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Applying thermal grease

Filling the inner channels beforehand isn't necessary. I used the two small lines on a brand new HDT-S1283 and the paste spread out fine. The same method will most likely work fine with TX-2 as well.

Also, don't put any compound on the CPU. It's always one surface or the other, never both.
 
I thought you put 2 stripes between the pipes?

The link shows a similar Heatsink and how they did it.
 
2 stripes, 3 stripes, a spiral, 2 dots...it really doesn't make that much of a difference... as long as you get some thermal grease on there you're fine
 
I use the 2 lines method, in between the heatpipes. Works well for me... almost perfect thin layer of TIM.
 
I thought you put 2 stripes between the pipes?

The link shows a similar Heatsink and how they did it.

Just follow the instructions on the site exactly. It will work perfectly and fill out the full contact area. Other methods may work as well, but I can tell you for sure that this will do the trick.
 
Back
Top