Applying GPO to OU in server 2008??

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
I think I'm stupid... I cannot see how you can assign a group policy that I created to a OU in Server 2008. The last time I did this was in 2000 Server and it seems to be quite different. When I go into ADUC I don't see anywhere where I can even MAKE a policy. I ahd to go to Server Manager > Features > Group Policy Management > Group Policy Objects... there I was able to make one. I called it 'tla' - now how do I assign it to a OU??

Thanks a ton.

I still don't see how I apply it to a particular OU or even one certain user?? :confused:

I'm not familiar with Windows 2008 but to apply a group policy to a certain OU in Windows 2003, you just right-click the OU, go to Properties, then click on the Group Policy tab.

Have you tried that?

I'm not familiar with Windows 2008 but to apply a group policy to a certain OU in Windows 2003, you just right-click the OU, go to Properties, then click on the Group Policy tab.

Have you tried that?

OH MY WORD MAN!! :eek:

In 2008 that option is not there, BUT I just tried from my 2003 Exchange Server and it's there. So it allows me to assign that policy to my OU, BUT it still doesn't answer my question.

Thanks though Gott, at least I got it 'semi' working!! :D

You need to use the group policy management snap-in. not the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. Makes sense to me.

You need to use the group policy management snap-in. not the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. Makes sense to me.

I was using that... I made the policy, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply it. Have u done it? If so, mind shedding light on the situation?? :D

OH MY WORD MAN!! :eek:

In 2008 that option is not there, BUT I just tried from my 2003 Exchange Server and it's there. So it allows me to assign that policy to my OU, BUT it still doesn't answer my question.

Thanks though Gott, at least I got it 'semi' working!! :D
Hm, very weird. I found going into the Properties of the OU and clicking on the GP tab was easy enough. I guess Microsoft didn't think so. :(

Hm, very weird. I found going into the Properties of the OU and clicking on the GP tab was easy enough. I guess Microsoft didn't think so. :(

Same here... and after 8 years I'm not very happy with the change. :)

Back