heatlesssun
Extremely [H]
- Joined
- Nov 5, 2005
- Messages
- 44,154
So I am getting a Xigmatek RS1283 and I'm going to use Arctic Cooling MX-2 paste because is has no cure time and gets good reviews. My question is one of the old standbys, how would you apply the paste? This is how Arctic Cooling says to do it: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/downloads/installation/install_mx2_retail.pdf. The standard pea-sized drop in the middle.
There seems to be a LOT of debate as to whether or not this is the optimal way to apply thermal paste. I just wonder why there is so much debate over this and why the manufacturer's directions would not be optimal.
There seems to be a LOT of debate as to whether or not this is the optimal way to apply thermal paste. I just wonder why there is so much debate over this and why the manufacturer's directions would not be optimal.