Apple's Tax Hypocrisy

I'm not. Why do you erroneously believe that I am?

You're still being quite evasive even now. I suppose I'll let you off the proverbial hook for the time being. In the future, it might be beneficial to your political cause if you'd be engaging and involving rather than conflict seeking and dodgy about it. One can infer quite a few interesting things from your behavior.

Oh, it's such a pity that you didn't see the stupidity of your statement mirrored in what I did. I gave you a chance, and you failed.

No, you see, I saw what you were trying to do, and it was painfully stupid, so I told you to go to school. It's such a pity you didn't catch that :rolleyes:

That said, I think you know which option is inevitable, but you also must realize that nothing will change for the better once that option is taken.

I agree, it's a path best avoided but none the less it's the only viable path in the long term. So, to that I say enjoy life as we have it today, it doesn't get any better than this! (it gets worse).

Why do you say that?

Because its a ridiculous comparison. His position is an extreme so my comparison fits. Mine is moderate so it's ridiculously intellectually dishonest co compare it to North Korea. Laughably so.

Alright I'm done with this nonsense. Clearly you are incapable of actual thought. Have fun with your paranoid right wing fantasies.

I agree, it's a path best avoided but none the less it's the only viable path in the long term. So, to that I say enjoy life as we have it today, it doesn't get any better than this! (it gets worse).

The death of a nation is, indeed a sure thing and it'll come about eventually one way or another for pretty much every existing national entity. I actually like the status quo despite the problems so I don't really think upheaval and change will be a good thing. It's better for me and my cat if we can just keep stuff from getting too out of hand. I'm completely with you though on this enjoying life part. :D

Alright I'm done with this nonsense. Clearly you are incapable of actual thought. Have fun with your paranoid right wing fantasies.

He's arguing for the sake of having someone to argue with over a topic that is a good one for goading responses. Someone who genuienly wanted to discuss Apple's taxes or tax law, even someone holding an extremist belief, would be eager to put forward the ideas of their political platform and sell them to anyone doubtful rather than attempt to incite others into an emotionally-driven argument. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

He's arguing for the sake of having someone to argue with over a topic that is a good one for goading responses. Someone who genuienly wanted to discuss Apple's taxes or tax law, even someone holding an extremist belief, would be eager to put forward the ideas of their political platform and sell them to anyone doubtful rather than attempt to incite others into an emotionally-driven argument. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Just seems weird to me to troll a computer hardware forum over politics

Just seems weird to me to troll a computer hardware forum over politics

Well, this is coming from someone who trolls about Google (until something else comes along)...it can be fun. Besides, he has no family of his own so it's not as if there are larger concerns to worry about. I wouldn't let it get under your skin. He doesn't post very often and it's typically just a one-line troll shot about the governement or evil Big Brother.

He's arguing for the sake of having someone to argue with over a topic that is a good one for goading responses.
No, I just understand proper argumentation and the nature of burden of proof. Some people (e.g. you) are under the delusion that each person has to have notecards of a sort and give the pro/con, as if this is some high school-type debate.

This isn't.

This is the real world, and in the real world the person who has the burden has the onus. The other party doesn't have to do squat.

That's reality. Like it or not.

No, I just understand proper argumentation and the nature of burden of proof. Some people (e.g. you) are under the delusion that each person has to have notecards of a sort and give the pro/con, as if this is some high school-type debate.

This isn't.

This is the real world, and in the real world the person who has the burden has the onus. The other party doesn't have to do squat.

Don't you people understand, he is of far superior intellect than the rest of us! I mean, why else would he spend so much of his precious and coveted time to convince us of that very fact??? He has pwned us all! We must bow to his infallibility!!!

Honestly though, I don't think he is trolling. I have no doubt that he believes he is just in his cause, that it is purposeful and necessary.

This isn't.

LIKE OMG! The "real world" or something! How scary!

Have you, by any chance, ever heard of Calvinball? Give it a look. It fairly closely mirrors your off-the-cuff way of dancing aside of useful discussion by inventing rules for this proper argumentation thing you've dreamed up to support whatever thing it is you don't have a clue about, but feel compelled to share with everyone else.

Don't you people understand, he is of far superior intellect than the rest of us! I mean, why else would he spend so much of his precious and coveted time to convince us of that very fact??? He has pwned us all! We must bow to his infallibility!!!

Honestly though, I don't think he is trolling. I have no doubt that he believes he is just in his cause, that it is purposeful and necessary.

I stopped paying attention when it was suggested a single random chart at Imgur was superior to an entire international tax policy organization article, both in merit and complexity.

for those that don't understand the free market, please look at North and South Korea. tell me which country is better off, government controlled market or a free market.

our tax system needs an overhaul, its failed us and unfair. there should be a flat tax on businesses with no "loopholes".

with the current system, lower the taxes across the board and everyone will recover.

Why do people keep using North Korea as an example. Do they think anyone wants it to be like North Korea here?

Why do people keep using North Korea as an example. Do they think anyone wants it to be like North Korea here?

its a counter move to the equally retarded 'move to somalia' gag reflex statists have.

Somalia being the more educated outlandish statement.

Oh please, we both know the amount of self awareness that comes with a comparison to communism for people like this. I'm not scaremongering, I'm using hyperbole. If you can't see the difference then I'm truly not surprised with anything else going on here.

I truly dont like apple as a company, so don't take this as white knighting for them, but they have a history of donating a fair bit to charitable organizations or universities (they gave 50mil to Stanford hospital/medical school alone). Perhaps if our government didn't piss our money away left and right I'd agree with this article, but if you truly want to support education, paying taxes is one of the worst ways to do so.

its a counter move to the equally retarded 'move to somalia' gag reflex statists have.

It seems strange to me that someone who isn't in category A must therefore be a part of category B. Humans are so very stuck on the idea of sticking people into neat little slots that are characterized by defined attributes. It'd all be okay, but we tend to be dismissive about categorical classifications we find disagreeable and put people into an aforementioned disagreeable category so we can discount their ideas. Interesting.

Because the DPRK is a prime example of centralized control of an entire economy with it's pros and cons. Not many pros however.

No it isn't. Just because you don't like having your idiotic statement thrown back in your face doesn't mean that it's a dumbass counter. What it means is that you're a hypocrite.

You don't even have an argument. You just state your opinion and that's it.

Back