Apple's Schiller Blasts Android

I think the iPhone is perfect for those that don't mind a closed platform, do not mind almost no customization and are OK with spending a massive premium over all other phones on the planet. And let's face it, the iPhone just looks better in your hand while you're out buying a 7$ coffee not to mention the perfect fashion apparel item for your horned rimmed glasses.

Spending a massive premium on the iPhone is optional. Just like any other phones available they have different tiers. You can get an iPhone 5 for $200, iPhone 4s for $100, and iPhone 4 for free. How is a free iPhone a massive premium?

The Galaxy S3 was $250 at release, $50 dollars more than any subsidized iPhone at release.

I fail to see the price difference here.

I had an iPod Touch 4 and an Evo 4G as my first iOS and Android devices, respectively. When playing music there was zero comparison for quality OR time (couple hours the EVO was dead, the iPod kept going for something like 20-40 hours...
Do you have any idea how irrelevant your little comparison is here?

Especially when the iPod Touch is considered below average in MP3 players for both battery life and audio fidelity. I'm not sure how you're really supposed to compare an MP3 player to a first generation 4G phone.

My Cowon mp3 player gets a lovely 60 hours of battery life.

Especially when the iPod Touch is considered below average in MP3 players for both battery life and audio fidelity. I'm not sure how you're really supposed to compare an MP3 player to a first generation 4G phone.
My Cowon mp3 player gets a lovely 60 hours of battery life.

I was comparing Android and iOS from my personal PoV. And if you ever used the EVO 4G as an MP3 player you'd see I was right, the quality of sound from the Touch was miles ahead of the EVO and the battery life as well (I think I had like 4-6 hours tops of *just* music on my EVO (playing over an FM Transmitter) before it was down to like 10% battery or less...

My point was that Apple is going strong, especially with an apple ecosystem, compared to how everyone is saying apple is failing. I dont see why everyone keeps saying apple is going down hill (except with Apple Maps, though I've personally not had trouble with them) The only thing that's going to make me leave apple is when JB is no longer available and older devices aren't supported (i.e. all apps "require iOS version X and the last Jailbreak is only available on iOS version X-1"). At that point, I'll be converting to an android ecosystem.

So Cliff's Notes, no you didn't.

You're comparing a music player to a 4G phone and complaining about battery life. I don't believe you have any concept of electronics at all.

So Cliff's Notes, no you didn't.

You're comparing a music player to a 4G phone and complaining about battery life. I don't believe you have any concept of electronics at all.

I am comparing an apple device to an android device that has the same features. If you discount the cellular modem, the two are identical. the iPod Touch is more than just a music player, it's an iPhone without the phone. While I agree *some* margin of error must be made for the phone, the phone *also* has a double-capacity battery, which should have made it last longer, and instead it was a joke. These were both same-generation devices too, it' snot like I'm comparing a modern device with one form 2 generations back.

I think the iPhone is perfect for those that don't mind a closed platform, do not mind almost no customization and are OK with spending a massive premium over all other phones on the planet. And let's face it, the iPhone just looks better in your hand while you're out buying a 7$ coffee not to mention the perfect fashion apparel item for your horned rimmed glasses.

That closed platform has the best developer support, runs on some of the fastest hardware, while having some of the best battery life (double the LTE time of the GS3). Fiddling with an open platform doesn't mean as much to some as having better applications and really good hardware.

I don't see a massive premium either, other devices like the GS3 cost roughly as much with or without a contract. Obviously Android has more options with cheaper low end devices.

That closed platform has the best developer support, runs on some of the fastest hardware, while having some of the best battery life (double the LTE time of the GS3). Fiddling with an open platform doesn't mean as much to some as having better applications and really good hardware.

I don't see a massive premium either, other devices like the GS3 cost roughly as much with or without a contract. Obviously Android has more options with cheaper low end devices.

Fastest hardly? Hardly. x86 runs circles around crApple.

Best developer support? Tell me, where is the iOS development kit for GNU/Linux or Windows? Battery life? My Android tablet gets more battery life than my friends iBads even though it has a 4 core processor.

Battery life? My Android tablet gets more battery life than my friends iBads even though it has a 4 core processor.

That's debatable based on configuration and tasks being performed. If your comparing an iPad idling vs an android decoding 1080p video then obviously iPad takes the cake, Also if the iPad is cellular it's burning power even if it's not actively transferring data just to keep that cellular connection active vs a WiFi only Android, etc

Over all, most of the android tablets though are equal or lesser in battery life (based on the same size standard, obviously if you make a 10lbs android tablet that's 90% LiPoly battery it'll smoke anything in terms of battery life)

This has actually been one of my 2 biggest hardware gripes on android - without recharging or extended batteries, most android devices fall short of their iOS counterparts (for those wondering, the other personal gripe is aspect ratio, I *hate* 16:9 tablets for anything except widescreen videos)

Fastest hardly? Hardly. x86 runs circles around crApple.

x86 tablets certainly can, but those have the prices and specs of ultrabooks, not ARM based tablets. That is what iPads are being compared against.

Best developer support? Tell me, where is the iOS development kit for GNU/Linux or Windows? Battery life? My Android tablet gets more battery life than my friends iBads even though it has a 4 core processor.

You can't develop .NET applications without Windows either, whether it is native or in a VM. If you want to make money in iOS, and right now it is by far the most profitable phone and tablet platform out there, the investment in developing on OS X is worth it.

Also, by best developer support I was talking about it from the consumer side. The depth and quality of tablet optimized applications on iOS is unmatched by Android or WinRT.

As for battery life, that is completely false, Anandtech's benchmarks put the iPad and iPhone 5 at the top of the heap. In the case of the iPhone 5 it gets double the LTE browse time of the GS3, and the iPad can function as an LTE hotspot for 25 hours. The only tablet that does any better is the iPad 2, and that is because it doesn't require a monster GPU to drive that high-PPI display.

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6472/51742.png
http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6472/51744.png
http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6472/51767.png

I don't expect that logic and objective analysis mean anything to you though, you did say "crApple" and "iBads". I don't understand fanboys.

Back