Apple’s New Campus: An Exclusive Look Inside the Mothership

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Wired has an extensive article on the fruit company’s new home base in Cupertino, which actually opened last month. If you’re not up for a bevy of text, there are plenty of interesting photos here that include sketches of the building’s evolution and highlights of its “pods,” Apple’s idea of a modern workspace. The café even boasts a newly patented pizza box.

…Apple Park is the architectural avatar of the man who envisioned it, the same man who pushed employees to produce those signature products. In the absence of his rigor and clarity, he left behind a headquarters that embodies both his autobiography and his values. The phrase that keeps coming up in talks with key Apple figures is “Steve’s gift.” Behind that concept is the idea that in the last months of his life, Jobs expended significant energy to create a workplace that would benefit Apple’s workers for perhaps the next century. “This was a hundred-year decision,” Cook says.

Does it come with suicide nets? Oh only West Coast workers my bad are a part of the 100 year vision.

I would hate to go to work in a place that has 12k people think of the traffic. The whole thing while cool seems like a massive waste of money vs a normal campus. Also i love how apple patented a pizza box that had holes drilled in it.

Extremely long article with no actual pictures of it...or at least heavily cropped pictures that could honestly be anything. Don't waste your time if you were hoping to see pictures of an interesting building. Just long winded apple dick sucking.

Seems interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this building develops - while I'm not the greatest Apple fan, I think this project is fantastic, and I hope they succeed.

Back