Apple's iPhone on the T-Mobile network as soon as this fall

That was before the Iphone was released. No argument there. TexUs is trying to say that Verizon still wouldn't pick it up today, given the chance. I think that's dead wrong.

Verizon most definitely wants the iphone. They would have picked up the iphone without question if Apple didnt want an absurd amount per phone.

Im sure had they known the success the iphone was going to have they would have taken the deal and been happy with it.

If you think verizon would make that mistake twice you are crazy. Given the opportunity they would take the iphone in a heartbeat. Its actually pretty stupid to think verizon would turn the iphone down a second time.

Hmmm. So you think Verizon and Apple won't talk unless the contract is ended? You think they wouldn't want to mesh out a new contract to be effective when the old one ends?

LOL

Apple is not talking to verizon at all anymore. They renewed the contract with ATT both times without even bothering to check out the competition.

The fact that Apple extended the contract with ATT before it was over both times speaks volumes to anyone with any common sense. You dont preemptively renew your contract twice if you are interested in playing the field.

Apple holds all the power here, if they where interested in taking the iphone elsewhere they would let the contract end and start the bidding war. Its as simple as that.

As it is now they really have a sweet deal going with ATT i dont see any motivation at all for Jobs to even consider switching.

Honestly, I didn't even read most of your post. Whatever... You can blindly defend it and ignore facts if you'd like, but this stuck out to me:
Apple is not talking to verizon at all anymore.
So you're saying Apple is willingly refusing to MORE THAN DOUBLE their consumer-base for a grade school "I'm not talking to you"? LOL. You win post of the day.

Honestly, I didn't even read most of your post. Whatever... You can blindly defend it and ignore facts if you'd like, but this stuck out to me:

I hate to break it to you TexUs but you are about as clueless as it gets. You have stated no facts and have been pretty much dead wrong on everything you have said.

So you're saying Apple is willingly refusing to MORE THAN DOUBLE their consumer-base for a grade school "I'm not talking to you"? LOL. You win post of the day.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing i have read all day...:rolleyes:

Yes Apple is actively refusing to MORE THAN DOUBLE their consumer base... Why the fuck do you think they are in this exclusivity contract with ATT?:rolleyes: It dont take a genius to figure this one out dude. If they where open to selling the iphone to other networks they wouldnt keep renewing the contract...

Im not sure whats so difficult to grasp for you but if they gave 2 shits about expanding their consumer base they would, they certainly wouldnt keep renewing the contract with ATT. It really is as simple as that.

Do you need an explanation on what an exclusivity contract is or something?:rolleyes:

Yes Apple is actively refusing to MORE THAN DOUBLE their consumer base... Why the fuck do you think they are in this exclusivity contract with ATT?:rolleyes:
Because nobody else will sign one with them...
It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

T-Mobile's HSPA+ network will likely be more widely deployed at the end of this year and, in practice, may end up being faster than Sprint's 4G network:

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/article/t-mobile-to-accelerate-hspa-rollout-in-2h10

http://www.onetrak.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=4446&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
I just don't see them rolling it out where I live. ATT and Sprint are the only 3G options here. A town of 60,000 isn't enough for TMobile to look at IMO.

Because nobody else will sign one with them...
It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

I just don't see them rolling it out where I live. ATT and Sprint are the only 3G options here. A town of 60,000 isn't enough for TMobile to look at IMO.

You may be right, but I own part of a small phone company / ISP in rural Illinois and we had T-Moblile service extended from DeKalb, IL to our little town of only 11,000 where we're headquartered and we complained to T-Mobile about the spotty service. They responded within 6 months with a new local tower that drastically increased the signal and improved service over 3g. We had a small business account with only 6 phones total.

Now DeKalb is a college town (Northern Illinois University) with about 100,000 residents and they are about 1.5 hours from Chicago. There is also the Kishuakee Community College and a few hospitals in the area (tons of small businesses though). The town we are in is about 2 hours from Chicago but, again, only has a population of 11,000. It took a while, but they still gave us the time of day so I give them some kudos for that...

Last edited:
I dunno. I just see TMobile rolling this out to all bigger cities first. So it'll be at least a year here.
TMobile is getting that snazzy dual core Android device. THAT will be freaking sweet. Negated by lack of 3G here.

I have a 3G on T-Mobile in FL and the speeds are fine to me...almost the same as ATT...altho slower than the Evo was when I had it.

I keep hearing about this flagship Android device coming to T-Mobile later this year. Is it the Nexus-Two, built by Motorola this time, with a 2ghz processor ?

It's a dual core 800Mhz device built by HTC. Supposedly will be named the Vision, out this year.

Different than Motorola's 2Ghz announcement. All we know about that is that it's 2Ghz and out this year as well.

All I know is that these Android devices are progressing at an amazing rate... So much so that within a few months the iPhone (and pretty much every other device) is going to be quickly outdated.
It's good because there's now a platform that favors constant innovation. It's bad because every 6 months whatever phone you just bought is old news.

It's a dual core 800Mhz device built by HTC. Supposedly will be named the Vision, out this year.

Different than Motorola's 2Ghz announcement. All we know about that is that it's 2Ghz and out this year as well.

All I know is that these Android devices are progressing at an amazing rate... So much so that within a few months the iPhone (and pretty much every other device) is going to be quickly outdated.
It's good because there's now a platform that favors constant innovation. It's bad because every 6 months whatever phone you just bought is old news.

I just Googled the new rumored Vision. I heard awhile back that Motorola wanted to create a high end flagship Android device, and it was rumored to be the Nexus-Two, which would not be by HTC. Any update on that ?

I just Googled the new rumored Vision. I heard awhile back that Motorola wanted to create a high end flagship Android device, and it was rumored to be the Nexus-Two, which would not be by HTC. Any update on that ?

Again, all we know about Motorola's 2Ghz device is that it'll be just that... 2Ghz.
No idea what carrier or anything.

Honestly, 2Ghz seems like such a huge step forward (when everyone else is still producing Snapdragons) that I'm skeptical if they'll have it by this year. On the other hand, I wouldn't think Motorola would make an announcement without knowing that 2Ghz is within reach.

The other downside to this power is a huge draw on battery life.

ATT can keep the damn iPhone. The network is damn near dead after the iPhone 4 release. Add to that all of the used 3 and 3GS phones on the secondary market getting activated... screw it. Last Friday I could not even get a damn connection on my BB.

I going Verizon when Droid X comes out.

I going Verizon when Droid X comes out.

I want the Droid X bad but there's no Verizon here.
I'm praying that a Galaxy S (Not the thick one with a keyboard) will be coming to Sprint. Don't care about 4G, main advantages over the Evo would be the display and battery life.

And, again... We can argue why the iPhone may not end up on another carrier.

But we do know one thing for certain... the iPhone isn't going ANYWHERE until their contract is up. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot, and apparently Bloomberg falls into that category.

my friend's cousin's uncle's sister's mother's brother's wife's brother said iphone5g coming for verizon and sprint this month
:rolleyes:

Hell I just read a few days ago that Verizon, (ONCE AGAIN, for you people that keep suggesting otherwise) again stated it has no interest in the iPhone, and are instead putting all its weight behind Android.

And even more importantly, THERE IS STILL A CONTRACT BETWEEN APPLE AND ATT... Until that contract is up, it's not going anywhere.

A made up story of "iPhone to come to Verizon in 2012" would have more merit.

And, again... We can argue why the iPhone may not end up on another carrier.

But we do know one thing for certain... the iPhone isn't going ANYWHERE until their contract is up. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot, and apparently Bloomberg falls into that category.

That and making an article claiming the iphone is going somewhere will net a ton of page hits from morons that dont understand what an exclusivity contract is.

Making a thread about the iphone going anywhere before 2012 should be bannable IMO.

The one bit of info i haven't seen in this thread (skimming)
Is that T-Mobile already sells the phone in Europe.

Not saying I agree, merely pointing out the facts.

That is a solid point to be made. Maybe the ATT contract is just for a specific iPhone ? What if a slightly little revised version was made for T-Mobile and then could be sold in the U.S.?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

That is a solid point to be made. Maybe the ATT contract is just for a specific iPhone ? What if a slightly little revised version was made for T-Mobile and then could be sold in the U.S.?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Because apples massive team of lawyers is stupid enough to miss such an easy thing?

Apple should sell the iPhone like Android does. Different phones on different carriers. T-Mobile has the awesome Nexus-One, Sprint the bad ass EVO 4G, Verizon the wicked DROID-2.

Apple would sell a hell of a lot more phones for sure. They sell quite a bit already on ATT, but they could easily double that number if they spread the love

Apple should sell the iPhone like Android does. Different phones on different carriers. T-Mobile has the awesome Nexus-One, Sprint the bad ass EVO 4G, Verizon the wicked DROID-2.

Apple would sell a hell of a lot more phones for sure. They sell quite a bit already on ATT, but they could easily double that number if they spread the love

In a perfect world yes but apple would literally lose billions like that.

Again, nobody else will sign a contract with them. They're kindof stuck in a rut. I'm sure they'd love to. The problem is that Apple won't give up a level of control they've got with ATT.

In a perfect world yes but apple would literally lose billions like that.
How would Apple lose billions? All you'd have to do is change the bands, perhaps ship a slightly different variation of software on each phone for each carrier... Nothing they couldn't quickly recoup the cost of.

How would Apple lose billions? All you'd have to do is change the bands, perhaps ship a slightly different variation of software on each phone for each carrier... Nothing they couldn't quickly recoup the cost of.

They have all the hardware software etc made themselves which means after production costs every single ipod is pure profit.

Licensing iphone OS like google does with android would lose them billions.

Keeping it proprietary and theirs is a winning formula for profit.

With billions of dollars in infrastructure changes, not to mention no current handsets would be able to take advantage of it.
Exactly, plus I think the FCC would have to get involved or something.

As we saw with voice, then EDGE, then 3G, and 4G... The best thing carriers can do is add stuff. They can't really re-purpose stuff.

You'd effectively cut all phones dead. You'd have to make sure everyone got a new device. Either TMobile would have to eat the cost of that (That wouldn't happen), or they'd have to wait two years and just drop people with old phones that are out of contract (That wouldn't happen).

They have all the hardware software etc made themselves which means after production costs every single ipod is pure profit.

Licensing iphone OS like google does with android would lose them billions.

Keeping it proprietary and theirs is a winning formula for profit.
Exactly... That's why I don't understand it'd cost them "billions" by bringing it to another carrier. They wouldn't.

Ask Apple and they'll tell you they're not a hardware company, they're not a software company, they're an "experience" company. They'll never license out their OS for others to put on their hardware, just isn't happening.

Ask Apple and they'll tell you they're not a hardware company, they're not a software company, they're an "experience" company. They'll never license out their OS for others to put on their hardware, just isn't happening.

Yup goes against everything apple has done in the last 10 years. Complete and total control with no deviations, you get what Jobs wants you to have and you like it, or else.

Still makes no sense. If Apple wants to jump onto a new carrier, why pick the smallest one?

I laughed at many comments being made here.

Do you really think ATT is better than Tmobile? Guess again, it all depends where you live. I switched from Tmo for the iphone 4, used the new iphone in my area for a couple of weeks and returned the fucking thing because the service is HORRIBLE, its not the iphone issues its the shitty ATT network. Seems we have ATT fanclub here, network is shitty, it is by no means better than Tmo (again certain areas). Your argument about 3g is moot, ATTs network is so overloaded that its silly to bring up their 3g, its just as shitty as their voice service.

Comment about making the iphone easier for a CDMA network than for Tmo, are you out of your mind? All apple would have to do is change around frequencies and perhaps change a chip or to. On a dinosaur CDMA there is MUCH more to change. CDMA is only used in America which is sad, the whole world uses GSM and its so much more convenient when traveling, switching phones and etc.

ATT contract with Apple is supposed to run out sometime in 2011, which is soon. There was a report about ATT coming to apple close to 13 times to renew it and I believe they tuned them now every time, from what I saw. ATT is nothing without the iphone, it is just like Tmobile and dont tell me you disagree. They have nothing to choose from and everything close to the same as Tmobile, the only difference is the Iphone. That is what got them the high quarterly earnings and everything in between. As soon as the iphone goes so will ATT.

I laughed at many comments being made here.

Do you really think ATT is better than Tmobile? Guess again, it all depends where you live. I switched from Tmo for the iphone 4, used the new iphone in my area for a couple of weeks and returned the fucking thing because the service is HORRIBLE, its not the iphone issues its the shitty ATT network. Seems we have ATT fanclub here, network is shitty, it is by no means better than Tmo (again certain areas). Your argument about 3g is moot, ATTs network is so overloaded that its silly to bring up their 3g, its just as shitty as their voice service.

Comment about making the iphone easier for a CDMA network than for Tmo, are you out of your mind? All apple would have to do is change around frequencies and perhaps change a chip or to. On a dinosaur CDMA there is MUCH more to change. CDMA is only used in America which is sad, the whole world uses GSM and its so much more convenient when traveling, switching phones and etc.

ATT contract with Apple is supposed to run out sometime in 2011, which is soon. There was a report about ATT coming to apple close to 13 times to renew it and I believe they tuned them now every time, from what I saw. ATT is nothing without the iphone, it is just like Tmobile and dont tell me you disagree. They have nothing to choose from and everything close to the same as Tmobile, the only difference is the Iphone. That is what got them the high quarterly earnings and everything in between. As soon as the iphone goes so will ATT.

Get the phone with the shittiest signal in history and blame the network. :p

To be fair ATT is a pretty shitty network. It's a sure bet that any ATT person I call will drop the conversation at least once.

Pretty much everywhere I've been AT&T service has been great. Their plans and pricing are shit but their network is pretty solid. I've also never owned an iPhone, so that's part of it. I can't even begin to remember the last time I dropped a call, never dropped one on my Blackberry 8900 and haven't dropped one on my Captivate yet.

Back