Apple's AirPods Are Now Available For Purchase

HardOCP News

[H] News
After stumbling right out of the gate, Apple's long delayed AirPods are now available. I should say "technically" available because, unless you find them in an Apple store, online orders ship dates are now 4 weeks out.

Apple's $159 AirPods are currently available, however the shipping date slipped from December 21 to "4 weeks" within an hour of availability. For a lucky few, at least, AirPods will arrive in time for the holidays. According to Apple, AirPods will arrive in Apple Stores and carrier stores starting next week, so all hope is not lost.

Sigh....I don't want to buy them but I think I'm going to. As a gift. Will try my luck in a store so I can get that christmas gift in.

I can see someone hastily crossing the street and one of these falling into a storm drain or a car running over it.

Sigh....I don't want to buy them but I think I'm going to. As a gift. Will try my luck in a store so I can get that christmas gift in.

Don't feel bad, I bought my wife an Apple Watch last year for our anniversary. I would rather have burned the money, but happy wife, happy life.

I can see someone hastily crossing the street and one of these falling into a storm drain or a car running over it.

You think Apple isn't counting on that?

I wonder if they'll even sell replacements or just force you to buy the set every time one is lost/broken.

I bought these for $25 on Amazon, and they are awesome:

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...F8&qid=1481667185&sr=8-1&keywords=tao+earbuds

I don't get it.

You know that people are going to buy the Airpod and then immediately buy a strap to connect them. No doubt the Apple branded straps will be $20-50.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All across the country every Golden Retriever alive has stood up on it's hind legs and yelled "MINE !!!!!" because we all know whatever lands on the floor belongs to the Golden Retriever. Instantly. No fucking 5 second rule in play here.

And every vet that takes care of every Golden Retriever is waiting to see if it comes out in da Poop. If not, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Apple has buffed multiple industries and doesn't even know it.

Ruf

I'm not convinced they've worked the flaws out in this. But I wear headphones for my job... I'll be in for one, once the reviews come out.

Early adopters can get fucked by Apple.

I find it funny people will drop $150+ on this cheap BT crap, but scoff when I suggest a nice set of IEM for the same price or tell them how much I paid for a basic set of DT770 Pros.

It's the same people that bought monster cable stuff. I get it too for spending money on a good home theater sound from people with beats headphones lol.

It's the same people that bought monster cable stuff. I get it too for spending money on a good home theater sound from people with beats headphones lol.

Most I get it from try and play some of their music on my headsets or speakers and it sounds like crap, and they assume its my "over priced junk", when really it's just a flat speaker that's showing how bad the file quality is that the heavy bass weighted earbuds they use are covering up, I then grab some known quality files and play them, sometimes I have the exact same song and play it....Night and day.

one thing seemed so stupid to me is how to sync them.. saw it on a review as if its so great... something with the box and some shit
.. as if connecting a BT device the normal way was so hard

even if they work as advertised i find the hard plastic buds they switched too dont stay in the ear worth a damn, and they are the most uncomfortable damn things ever.... apparently apple feels all apple uers have the same size ears. the 25$ amazon BT ones with various rubber tips are more comfortable, stay in sound better and i can buy 6 pairs of them for the same price

So the release date for the phone sans headphone jack was September 7, and it'll be the beginning of January before you can actually get a pair? Wow, that sounds like Apple management really messed up the schedule.

Who here wants to bet they will sounds like complete shit?

While the reviews out there are few, and the ones out there almost none talk about SQ. Most of the sites reviewing probably also have no idea what SQ is. But, from the ones that have touched on it, it seems the drivers and the like are more or less what is found in the normal Apple earbuds, but now add in the quality degradation of BT and yeah, to some good cans or IEM, of the same price range, these things probably sound pretty poor.

Back