• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AppleCare for iPhone now available

CreativeMac

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
367
AppleCare for iPhone Page

Basically, it's $69 to extend your hardware coverage to 2 years from date of purchase. Like all AppleCare products, it's simply a warranty extension and does not cover accidents, abuse, etc.

Personally, with a mobile phone I'm much more concerned about losing or dropping/damaging it. I could care less about AppleCare. . .what I want is for AT&T or Apple to step up and offer insurance - which typically covers damage and loss. Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that insurance isn't available from the mobile carrier on a a phone they expect full-boat unsibsidized money for?

Oh well. . .looks like I have to call my home owners insurance company.
 
Yeah it's available...unless you live in Alabama, Connecticut, Nevada, or Wyoming. I need to move :(
 
AppleCare for iPhone Page

Basically, it's $69 to extend your hardware coverage to 2 years from date of purchase. Like all AppleCare products, it's simply a warranty extension and does not cover accidents, abuse, etc.

Personally, with a mobile phone I'm much more concerned about losing or dropping/damaging it. I could care less about AppleCare. . .what I want is for AT&T or Apple to step up and offer insurance - which typically covers damage and loss. Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that insurance isn't available from the mobile carrier on a a phone they expect full-boat unsibsidized money for?

Oh well. . .looks like I have to call my home owners insurance company.

Why should Apple have to step up for anything? They are in no way obligated to offer insurance for a product nor do they owe the customer for such service. I personally think that if a person is dumb enough not to treat a $600 phone like royalty and either break it or lose it, he only has himself to blame.
 
Why should Apple have to step up for anything? They are in no way obligated to offer insurance for a product nor do they owe the customer for such service. I personally think that if a person is dumb enough not to treat a $600 phone like royalty and either break it or lose it, he only has himself to blame.

Also, with the "stress" test I have seen. It takes a bit of a beating to actually shutdown the system from drops/kicks/etc. Now if the software were to cause a shutdown I am sure Apple would be happy to give you another one (which is already going on).
 
Why should Apple have to step up for anything? They are in no way obligated to offer insurance for a product nor do they owe the customer for such service. I personally think that if a person is dumb enough not to treat a $600 phone like royalty and either break it or lose it, he only has himself to blame.

I did say that I wished Apple OR THE MOBILE CARRIER (AT&T) would offer phone insurance - which is available for virtually every other mobile phone. I simply expressed a wish that AT&T (or Apple) would offer a service which they currently do not. And it's not like I said that they should offer mobile insurance for free. Of course, they should charge for such a service. So I don't know how you're deducing that I feel they're "obligated".
 
Why should Apple have to step up for anything? They are in no way obligated to offer insurance for a product nor do they owe the customer for such service. I personally think that if a person is dumb enough not to treat a $600 phone like royalty and either break it or lose it, he only has himself to blame.

On the flip side, why should you have to baby something that costs $600? :D
 
I wouldn't get the Applecare until like the 11th month into the warranty. Sixty-nine dollars will be wasted If you end up damaging or losing the phone within the first year of warranty.
 
I wouldn't get the Applecare until like the 11th month into the warranty. Sixty-nine dollars will be wasted If you end up damaging or losing the phone within the first year of warranty.

true, if anything happens to it that is not covered. never thought of it that way, but you are correct.
 
I wouldn't get the Applecare until like the 11th month into the warranty. Sixty-nine dollars will be wasted If you end up damaging or losing the phone within the first year of warranty.

In 10+ years of Mac sales, my experience is that if someone doesn't buy AppleCare at the time they buy their machine then it's very unlikely that they'll buy it later. Things happen, they forget, etc.
 
Back
Top