• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Apple Thunderbolt Display and the PC

orangeblue

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
325
I'm considering getting a motherboard with Thunderbolt and using that to power an Apple Cinema display, since no graphics cards have Thunderbolt ports as of yet. I read an article on AnandTech about Lucid's Virtu program that Intel supplies with their motherboards, and it seems like a great solution, with one exception - the author claims a 2-8% performance hit in games. This article is a bit old, so I'm wondering if anyone has any more recent experiences with this tech? Is the performance hit still this bad with the new IvyBridge platform?
 
Back
Top