Apple Storing Users' Personal Data On Servers In China

HardOCP News

[H] News
What a great way to save a buck! What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Apple Inc has begun keeping the personal data of some Chinese users on servers in mainland China, marking the first time the tech giant is storing user data on Chinese soil.

When you have fanboys that fanboy the hell out of your crap, you can do whatever you want.

OK I usually jump on stuff like this. But if I'm reading this right its just Chinese users data being stored in China.

If that's the case I don't see a problem.

OK I usually jump on stuff like this. But if I'm reading this right its just Chinese users data being stored in China.

If that's the case I don't see a problem.

Gotta agree with you on this one ... this is for icloud services for Chinese citizens only ... although the trustworthiness of the Chinese Government towards their own citizens is certainly suspect I don't see the USA as being in a position to throw stones (cough cough NSA cough cough) :cool:

Chinese users on Chinese servers. What's the big deal, other than it's Apple ?

I am a bit of an Apple hater, but even I can't really see what the big deal is about this. Do people actually think the information is more secure in the US than China with the NSA snooping everywhere?

Apple has said it has devised encryption systems for services such as iMessage that even Apple itself cannot unlock.

Although I do find this a bit funny. I'm sure they will magically figure out how to unlock it the first time the NSA asks them to.

The title is quite misleading...

It's chinese user's data stored in China....

Steve, read the article before you try to sensationalize. It's Chine users on Chinese servers, oh the humanity!

In related news, LOL at at American concerned about data safety abroad.

Gotta agree with you on this one ... this is for icloud services for Chinese citizens only ... although the trustworthiness of the Chinese Government towards their own citizens is certainly suspect I don't see the USA as being in a position to throw stones (cough cough NSA cough cough) :cool:
Except for that whole running people over with tanks mentality behind the spying might make for a little different level of caution with what's attached to you name.

Except for that whole running people over with tanks mentality behind the spying might make for a little different level of caution with what's attached to you name.

I doubt the Chinese would be ok with Apple storing their citizens' data abroad, especially with the NSA shenanigans giving US corporations an extra crutch.

Apple either complies with local laws or lets the world's biggest future mobile market be taken by competitors without even putting up a fight.

Not very hard to see how that works out.

I doubt the Chinese would be ok with Apple storing their citizens' data abroad, especially with the NSA shenanigans giving US corporations an extra crutch.

Apple either complies with local laws or lets the world's biggest future mobile market be taken by competitors without even putting up a fight.

Not very hard to see how that works out.
I wasn't commenting on that just the attempt to equate US to foreign spying. I'm never ever seen the US government give US corporations a leg up on foreign corporations who have a much more profound and mature ability for bribe anywhere, especially in the US.

Back