Apple Says $14B Tax Bill Is 'Total Political Crap'

Isn't the only reason major companies base themselves in Ireland because of the tax? How many people do Apple actually employ over there? If they base themselves there just for the tax savings then i think the EU did the right thing. Same goes for companies based in switzerland for the same reason. Pay the tax where the product is actually bought.

Yea it does seem many Americans are generally 6 years old. The want roads. They want electricity. They want a fire department. They want water that is safe. They want cars that are safe to operate. They want. They. Want. They want.....And like 6 year olds, they don't want to have to pay for any of it. It just magically occurs without needing to pay for it. They don't have to pay one cent in taxes and those roads and bridges magically pay themselves.

No wonder utopias like Kansas are bankrupt.

I have no problems paying taxes for that stuff, or for the police, military or boarder control.

I do have a problem when my road taxes are wasted on the high-speed train to nowhere here in California, or spent subsidizing busses and light rail lines instead of fixing the roads.
I also resent having my tax dollars support (free phones, free housing, food stamps, etc) people who would rather sit around all day drinking or doing drugs.
I'd continue the rant, but I have to get back to work so I can pay my taxes.....

Back