Apple’s Biogas Fuel Cell Plant Could Go Live By June

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are one of the many detractors that feel Apple is full of…. well, hot air, you are partially correct. Apple’s new iCloud facility in Maiden, NC will be powered by 24 X 200 kW fuel cells producing 4.8 megawatts to completely power the new facility using biogas. The biogas will take the form of methane produced from animal waste (grown locally) :D

That is cool, I'm always a big fan of alternative energy and green datacenter. Kudos to them. I just wonder how bad it smells in there. :p

They do have a ton of pig farms in the carolinas so at maybe all the waste generated can go to something more productive. This will be big news when all of crApple's buildings are powered by this.

That is cool, I'm always a big fan of alternative energy and green datacenter. Kudos to them. I just wonder how bad it smells in there. :p

Damn tootin! Especially if said alternative fuel doesn't take much to get to the destination, which by the sounds of it locally produced cow poop :D

Wow, Apple is completely self-sustaining now. They can literally run their facilities with all the bullshit they produce everyday. :p

This makes me feel much much better about their use of Foxconn for slave er...outsourced labor.

How much fossil fuel is used to transport the poop so they don't have to use fossil fuels at the datacenter?

Back