Apple Reports Progress In Workforce Diversity

HardOCP News

[H] News
While Apple may be touting its latest workplace diversity numbers, the pessimist in me isn't really sure that a one percent increase across the board can be called an improvement considering all the horn blowing Apple has done on the topic.

As of June, Apple's overall U.S. workforce was 56 percent white (up 2 percent from a year ago), 19 percent Asian (down 1 percent) 12 percent Hispanic (up 1 percent), and 9 percent black (up 1 percent). Apple's workforce includes a pool of retail employees that Google and Facebook do not have. In Apple stores, blacks and Hispanics respectively comprised 12 percent and 17 percent of general employees, and 5 percent and 10 percent of the leadership. Apple's global workforce was 32 percent women, up 1 percent from the end of June 2015. Women held 23 percent of technical positions, up 1 percent from a year ago, and 28 percent of leadership positions, unchanged from June last year.

Yay, more PC crap. The horde of PC :zombie: crap is going to be the death of society.

I should go work at Apple. Maybe I can boost that to 20% Asian.

Just include the workers at foxconn as employees.. or uhh.. contractors. Those numbers will change drastically for the "better" (tm).

I still don't get it how measuring workforce "quality" based on race is not considered racist. If they reach their equal outcome communist bullshit utopia, the next thing they want is safe spaces within the workforce, where evil white man can't enter. And behold we'll have apartheid in the first world.

Food for thought. The private school I work at receives a substantial grant based on our level of diversity in the student body. I'd be inclined to believe that Apple isn't doing this just for the sake of "diversity".

Back