Apple Pay Experiences

hahaha, jeez retailer suicide

I can't imagine the bonehead who decided to go against the market grain by closing out the latest bullet point feature of the newest iPhone just launched weeks ago.

hahaha, jeez retailer suicide

I can't imagine the bonehead who decided to go against the market grain by closing out the latest bullet point feature of the newest iPhone just launched weeks ago.

Let's revisit this thread in a year's time and see how Apple Pay is doing. Deal? :)

Let's revisit this thread in a year's time and see how Apple Pay is doing. Deal? :)

Those QR code apps are pretty shitty either way. You usually have to have the cashier scan the code and that doesn't always work perfectly.

Those QR code apps are pretty shitty either way. You usually have to have the cashier scan the code and that doesn't always work perfectly.

Yes... they suck. NFC is the way of the future. (IMO anyhow).... I just think that just because Apple is doing it, people are "ass"uming it is just GOING TO WORK no questions asked. The way people have been talking , by this time next year we'll be paying for EVERYTHING with an iPhone.

I think those people are expecting waaaaaaaay too much.

Yes... they suck. NFC is the way of the future. (IMO anyhow).... I just think that just because Apple is doing it, people are "ass"uming it is just GOING TO WORK no questions asked. The way people have been talking , by this time next year we'll be paying for EVERYTHING with an iPhone.

I think those people are expecting waaaaaaaay too much.

You obviously won't be paying everything with iPhone, especially with those tax evading shops.

No one is expecting to pay everything with it, but people do expect NFC payment through both Google wallet and Apple pay for the majority purchase soon. Plus, it's already like that in SF area for Google Wallet, won't take long for Apple Pay to catch up.

-----------------------------------

CVS and Rite Aid can suck it. Just based on the Silicon Valley area alone, CVS and Rite Aid's customer obviously getting less and less everyday compare to Walgreen (Not because of NFC, just because the quality going shit). Doing so only hurts themselves. Pretty sure at one point they will just give up.

I don't mind Google Wallet (Andriod), Apple Pay (iOS) and Windows (Whatever they will come up with) so long as they all work the same with NFC.

Keep it NFC and everything will be fine.

Yeah I'd say the fact that Apple Pay worked fine with the pre-existing CVS NFC system is a good thing.

Hopefully this will teach the dumb fuck CEO's and share holders that consumers don't want dumbfuck proprietary bullshit that isn't secure and they'll bring back Apple Pay/Google Wallet.
Apple Pay and Google Wallet are proprietary.

The way people have been talking , by this time next year we'll be paying for EVERYTHING with an iPhone.
Can you point out a particular instance in which someone has said, either in words or in substance, "by this time next year we'll be paying for everything with an iPhone"?

Thank you.

Unless I'm mistaken, the code to use the payment system is proprietary but the hardware is not.

The systems OEM was referring to are proprietary POS systems that the devices interact with, which would mean a clunky interface like the QR codes being talked about and/or everyone needing various chips/POS terminals in order to handle all the various implementations of mobile payments. Some of them aren't even using NFC, for example.

Can you point out a particular instance in which someone has said, either in words or in substance, "by this time next year we'll be paying for everything with an iPhone"?

Thank you.

Apple sites such as Cult of Mac, Apple Insider and others have been touting Apple Pay ad nauseum.

P.S. Still enjoying my tap to pay here in Canada. Currently on a trip to Quebec City, QC and just tapping to pay as I go.... sorry USA... hopefully someone there will get it sorted out sooner or later.

Apple sites such as Cult of Mac, Apple Insider and others have been touting Apple Pay ad nauseum.
My question was not what sites are touting Apple Pay. My question asked you to point out a particular instance in which someone has said, either in words or in substance, "by this time next year we'll be paying for everything with an iPhone".

P.S. Still enjoying my tap to pay here in Canada. Currently on a trip to Quebec City, QC and just tapping to pay as I go.... sorry USA... hopefully someone there will get it sorted out sooner or later.

I don't think you understand.

Apple is attempting to "remove" the use of the physical card and numbers altogether.
The US doesn't want the Canadian system.

Hey everyone. Just a thought.

Since Apple has the major banks on board, would you welcome Apple Pay at ATMs?
Wave your phone at the ATM, enter the amount on your phone and out comes the cash, without worrying about hacked swipe readers and PIN spies.
All information about your account is displayed on your phone and not in the ATM.

I picked up some things at Walgreens today. I waved my phone over the terminal, with my finger already on the sensor. The screen said "Done" and out popped a receipt. Once I got home, I noticed a notification regarding my purchase total.

The employee also knew exactly what I was doing, so there was no lack of training.

I found a 16GB 6 for $500 and a 16GB 6+ for $600.

I'm going for the 6+...might as well go big or go home, LOL!
I'm handing my 32GB 5s off to my partner...I really hope I don't regret this :|

Hey everyone. Just a thought.

Since Apple has the major banks on board, would you welcome Apple Pay at ATMs?
Wave your phone at the ATM, enter the amount on your phone and out comes the cash, without worrying about hacked swipe readers and PIN spies.
All information about your account is displayed on your phone and not in the ATM.

IMO, this is the next logical step, especially considering how the big banks are really, really behind Apple Pay.

They're all due to replace their ATM terminals due to the general creakiness of Windows XP Embedded, too.

Ehhh, I would have went for the 6 but let us know how you like it.

IMO, this is the next logical step, especially considering how the big banks are really, really behind Apple Pay.

They're all due to replace their ATM terminals due to the general creakiness of Windows XP Embedded, too.
Is it even necessary?

The video I posted here or some other thread where the guy is walking around new york paying for stuff at mcdonald's and taxis they were just regular old terminals but they enabled the NFC. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the hardware across the US is already NFC capable, which shouldn't be surprising since the rest of the world has been using it right? But I was under the impression hardware would have to be upgraded but it apparently doesn't need to be at all if all the old POS terminals have NFC chips in them.

Ehhh, I would have went for the 6 but let us know how you like it.
Yes, it wasn't an option. He had the 6 for me but was selling it within the hour and I lived too far away.

Is it even necessary?

The video I posted here or some other thread where the guy is walking around new york paying for stuff at mcdonald's and taxis they were just regular old terminals but they enabled the NFC. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the hardware across the US is already NFC capable, which shouldn't be surprising since the rest of the world has been using it right? But I was under the impression hardware would have to be upgraded but it apparently doesn't need to be at all if all the old POS terminals have NFC chips in them.

If the point is to replace the credit card (or in this case, the debit card), it can't hurt.

I bet you were one of the guys(girls?) that said anything over 3.5" is too much. Then you said anything over 4.0" is too much. Aren't ya?? :p

Glad they also stopped proclaiming specs don't matter and iOS doesn't need more than 2 cores and 1GB DRAM. Thanks iPad Air 2. :rolleyes:

Glad they also stopped proclaiming specs don't matter and iOS doesn't need more than 2 cores and 1GB DRAM. Thanks iPad Air 2. :rolleyes:

But it doesn't.... iOS is so streamlined I bet it would run smoothly on a 16Mhz 286 with 640k!! :)

If you're going to complain about a statement, at least understand the statement before you jerk your knee.

When have you ever demonstrated a sincere willingness to be enlightened about any topic related to this subforum's purpose? Besides, I wasn't even replying to you.

Is that just a way of saying, "I have absolutely no idea."?? :p

If you're going to complain about a statement, at least understand the statement before you jerk your knee.

You should just ignore their post, they are well known to trash Apple related thread....

Stop feeding them...:p

Used it at Walgreens this weekend. Worked flawlessly, for the most part. Interestingly enough, it did ask for my PIN on the terminal. I did read this may be a one time thing as security purposes. If it didn't ask me for that, it would have been perfect! (PS - I did have the option to hit Credit).

Used it at Walgreens this weekend. Worked flawlessly, for the most part. Interestingly enough, it did ask for my PIN on the terminal. I did read this may be a one time thing as security purposes. If it didn't ask me for that, it would have been perfect! (PS - I did have the option to hit Credit).

Depending on what store you are in, it may still ask you to choose payment type, enter a pin and or sign for the purchase. I know this thread is about Apple Pay but I used my Google Wallet at Walgreens today and it asked for payment type and to confirm. Other places I have never been asked that.

To all the Canada folks. This is a couple years old but this article says your contactless payment system isn't encrypted http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/technology/new-credit-cards-pose-security-problem-1.904220

well my newest experience was ten minutes ago when I tried to put my Discover card info into ApplePay and found out it's not yet supported...I didn't even realize that was a thing :(

Back