Apple OS Upgrade Policies?

Jozone

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks just had a quick question -

I've got my mind pretty much set on either a $499 Mac Mini, or the 12'' Basemodel iBook, my only question is, if I were to buy it soon, would I recieve a price break when tiger is released? I know I will be able to buy the full through my school for ~$70, but is there a better/cheaper way to get it once its released?

Thanks,
-Joe

wait til its released and you'll get it preloaded on the system...thats the cheaper way lol

Depends on when Tiger is released. If you buy it and Tiger is released within a month, it's probably a S&H-only upgrade.

markt435 said:
wait til its released and you'll get it preloaded on the system...thats the cheaper way lol

Any idea WHEN it will be released?

-zac

yeah...it is supposed to be released first half of 05....but my answer has a little more flair

I just got my mini.... therefore, Tiger will be released 1 or 2 days AFTER I'm no longer eligible for the free upgrade. That's just the way it works with me. :rolleyes:

lol @ Thud...that is usually what happens to me...got my new ibook last year and a little over a month later the 1Gig 12" came out (which is what I had originaly wanted) but such is life...I can un officially say that it isn't going to come out real soon and will probably be the very end of first half of 05

Back