Apple Now Selling $800 Lightning-Based Headphones

I don't see why people wouldn't buy these. I mean it's a digital connector. Apple has said that the Lightning connector is great because it's digital. When I charge my phone, it does it digitally. When I listen to music, I don't have to worry about a DAC messing up the pureness of my digital MP3 file. I wish my ears had digital ports in them so I could bypass my analog eardrums and transfer the music directly to my brain.

:)

I guset most people don't know that diff from Magnetic Planar Speakers vs Standerd Driver Speakers or aka Dynamic Speaker.
As apple droping 3.5mm to me that no big deal that what bluetooth is for

I don't see why people wouldn't buy these. I mean it's a digital connector. Apple has said that the Lightning connector is great because it's digital. When I charge my phone, it does it digitally. When I listen to music, I don't have to worry about a DAC messing up the pureness of my digital MP3 file. I wish my ears had digital ports in them so I could bypass my analog eardrums and transfer the music directly to my brain.

:)
I hate this but even thoses headphone must have a DAC.
There no such thing as a digital speaker end of story.
Our brain biochemical pathways which are somewhat similar to how analog work so there for can't be directly plug in to your brain with some kind of DAC.

I'm still stuck on the 3.5mm jack being infamous. When did that happen?

mnkDXb9.jpg

I like how the vast majority of the posters in this thread obviously not only did not read the article, but didn't even read the entire news blurb. They just saw the words "Apple" and "headphones" and "lightning connector."

Comments..

Senith Deelaka Ranchagoda Matthew F • 2 days ago
Sometimes you've to force stuff if the market is not changing the standard soon enough..
Apple is one of the best companies that could do this successfully.. At start it looks inconvenient, but as the time goes more and more companies adapts it.. And becomes the standard there onwards..
Ex :-
Laptops without CD Rom
Micro Sim and Nano Sim
Online Music Store
AppStore
iPod
iPad
iPhone
Mac
CD
DVD

Man, even I know that most "popular" headphones are closer to the $100 range. $60 is like the midrange stuff I can buy at ANY run of the mill big box store.

So in that regard, I could say I won't pay more then $20 for a set of buds....so $60 stuff is ridiculous.

You obviously don't know much about headphones then.

LOL...

Doubtful many people posting snarky remarks actually knew of these headphones beforehand or bothered to read anything about them.

Yeah it's pretty dissapointing. Especiallly because there's an audiophile section on this forum. Audeze are known for some of the best cans. I mean I personally would probably never buy anything over $300, but this thread is super click bait.

I am actually kind of curious myself. The non Apple version is only about $100 less. But $600-700 is still a lot of money for a set of cans. Are they good enough if you have the source material, output source, hearing, and musical appreciation, to justify that much coin over say a $200ish set of Sennheisers? I am not making fun, I am just trying to see the value.

I mean it all comes down to personal preference. I mean I personally can't tell much of a difference between $200 and $500 cans, but if you're an audiophile Audeze makes some of the best headphones. For me DT770s or AKG Q701s are good enough,great even, but my brother considers those mid-tier headphones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3335p9/are_audeze_lcd2s_worth_it/

Back