• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Apple new 30" LCD Cinema display

Happy Hopping

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
8,517
The 6800s they use have two DVi ports, as do the displays, which is how they can get the higher resolution. Now that I think about it, during Steve Jobs's keynote presentation, he said the cards have 4 DVI ports for dual 30" displays (8.2 million pixles), but I might have just heard that wrong.
 
Actually, I think that the Apple display has one cable coming out of it, that terminates in a power, firewire, usb2, and DVI. It's called 'dual-link' dvi because the monitor uses some priviously unused pins on it, which only the apple version of the 6800u supports. The card has (2) 'dual-link' dvi ports, so theoretically, you could have 60" of apple LCD goodness coming out of 1 card.
 
Gents, I'm in love. 16ms response and a 400:1 contrast (good but not great but still). Gonna have to go trade in my 23" screen....sigh.
 
So, I have to wait for the PC ver. of this from say LG, or some co. like HP to release it, hopefully with S-video, composite output etc.?

As well, that Ultra 6800 DLL is a proprietary card then? It doesn't work on PC?

To get a high res. of 2560 x 1600, I guess I need Quadro FX3000 or FX3400. Any taker on a cheaper card that can do:

- 2560 x 1600
- Dual link DVI?

Or do you guys think when the PC ver. of this 30" come out on Aug 10, we can get away without "Dual Link DVI"?
 
AFAIK, this new proprietary NVIDIA card is the only one with Dual Link DVI.
 
Back
Top