Apple Mac Mini Keyboard/mouse help

JamesfromDFW

Weaksauce
I just purchased an i5 8GB Mac Mini Late 2014 and I have a Sony 3D PS TV and I was wondering what apple keyboard/mouse to go with? I've seen several different styles online and I'm currently using a Microsoft usb wireless media keyboard. Any suggestions for me?

I have a Mac Mini (2012 model) set up as an HTPC and find the Magic Trackpad is way better to use on the couch vs a mouse. I enabled the "tap to click" feature (as the "click" needs the trackpad on a relatively hard surface) and it works great. As for the keyboard, I have the small Magic Keyboard (without the number pad). Both are Bluetooth and both work well with the Mac Mini (and my iPad). I am sitting about 8 feet from the TV/Mac Mini and have no issues with dropped connections and no noticeable lag when typing/surfing the web.

If it were me, I would try to find the older models used verses buying the newer ones. Save a lot of money and should work just as well. That said, the new Trackpad 2 has "Force Touch" tech, and both the Trackpad and Keyboard now come with a built in battery. That may selling features for you...but I'm not a huge fan of having the battery built in...

Back