Apple Invents Solution To Foxconn Suicide Epidemic

Funny as always, but... y'know... pretty tasteless. People are actually killing themselves.

Should I feel guilty for laughing so hard the soda I was drinking nearly spewed out of my nose? Didn't think so.

I thought it was funny. Its only sad that apple doesn't fix the problem.

Back to work! lol It's so wrong .... it's right!

It was funny even if when i saw teamcoco i predicted what it was gonna be about within 5 sec.

people are retarded.. ALMOST EVERYTHING IS MADE WITH SOMETHIGN FROM FOXCONN.. why must people poke at apple!

In other news... Foxconn forecasts greater earnings next quarter due to lower employee churn and training costs of new employees.

people are retarded.. ALMOST EVERYTHING IS MADE WITH SOMETHIGN FROM FOXCONN.. why must people poke at apple!

my jeans use no components from foxconn. SUPPORT LEVIS.

but yeah apple isnt really at fault, but they are the most fun company to make fun of. :)

Cheap digs at Apple through 'comedy' sketches about people that killed themselves.

I mean.. really? That's an all time low [H].

Better hope my boss doesn't see this, or he might install those nets in the office building I'm a slave-wage IT worker at. Then again, he would just cut to the chase, and chain us to our desks. Don't want those slacker programmers wandering the halls, wasting time going to the toilet or heaven forbid... using the "break" room for eat lunch... I mean you can eat that Subway sub with one hand right? Type with the other, and rebuild those damn database files, PRONTO!

Better hope my boss doesn't see this, or he might install those nets in the office building I'm a slave-wage IT worker at. Then again, he would just cut to the chase, and chain us to our desks. Don't want those slacker programmers wandering the halls, wasting time going to the toilet or heaven forbid... using the "break" room for eat lunch... I mean you can eat that Subway sub with one hand right? Type with the other, and rebuild those damn database files, PRONTO!

You guys have toilet!
*Looks down between legs and sees bedpan.

Cheap digs at Apple through 'comedy' sketches about people that killed themselves.

Anyone ever tell you that you have no sense of humor? Lighten up..:rolleyes:

At least we have your moral compass to guide us through these troubling times.

Funny as always, but... y'know... pretty tasteless. People are actually killing themselves.

What better way to get the message out then to use satire? This Foxconn issues has been going on for a couple of years now, and the media just caught wind of it now?

Besides, it's not making fun of the suicides, but Apple who's endorsing Foxconn, and therefore the suicides.

I thought they used a replacement policy for the DOA workers. It must have gone along the lines of "Now Hiring, New Positions Available".

What is funny is that I member reading an article in middle of last year that they installed nets in some of the jumping areas to discourage the suicides.

+1. But yeah, it's still pretty funny.

And there are a LOT more unemployed Chinese lining up to take their place. When I think of Apple and Foxconn, I think of this...

achievementdemotivator.jpg

What better way to get the message out then to use satire? This Foxconn issues has been going on for a couple of years now, and the media just caught wind of it now?

Besides, it's not making fun of the suicides, but Apple who's endorsing Foxconn, and therefore the suicides.

HUH? How exactly is apple endorsing suicides?

LETS BOYCOTT ALL APPLE PRODUCTS ;)

No Apple products in my house, not because of a political statement, I just don't have any need or want of them. But if there's some money to be made from Apple products I would no problem using them.

Anyone ever tell you that you have no humanity? Have a heart.

I have humanity and I have a heart, which is why I can laugh and poke fun, even at the most tragic of times. Where is your humanity or your heart when you can't laugh? They are not making fun of the people who are dying, they are making fun of the companies responsible for enabling it to continue.

The fact that there have to be nets to stop people from jumping off buildings is pretty sad. Apple should charge more for there products so they can be manufactured in a place with better working conditions.

The fact that there have to be nets to stop people from jumping off buildings is pretty sad. Because Apple charges more for their products they should be manufactured in a place with better working conditions.

Fixed that for you....

Don't be a fool, Apple has a dedicated following willing to pay premium prices. Look at other tablet makers selling tablets for hundreds of dollars less, and not selling. Only Kindle Fire can sell well, because it is priced so low. Apple is able to charge a large premium for its hardware and makes loads from its appstore.

What I am saying is, with $100 billion dollars of cash reserves, there is absolutely no excuse for Apple to be exploiting people like that. Other companies don't have a choice if they want to compete, that's the problem with cheap Chinese labor and over population, it depresses labor rates. There is no excuse for Apple at all, and it's pretty sick. For shit sakes, Apple's reserves are greater than the U.S. treasury, that's just gross for them to operate like this.

Back