Apple, Google, Microsoft Attack Government Hacking Plans

HardOCP News

[H] News
Oh come on, why is everyone upset about this proposed law? Just because they might get the power to do it, we all know the UK government couldn't hack its way out of a wet paper bag. :D

The equipment interference provisions in the draft Investigatory Powers Bill would allow the intelligence and security services, police and the armed forces to hack into devices to obtain data, such as communications, when they have a warrant to do so. The government argues that the hacking provisions - part of the wider internet surveillance legislation - are needed so that law enforcement can intercept the communications of criminals even when they are encrypted.

I don't give a fuck what the UK does inside the UK just like I don't want the UK or any other country getting into our business here in the US.

My house my rules, your house your problem.

The equipment interference provisions in the draft Investigatory Powers Bill would allow the intelligence and security services, police and the armed forces to hack into devices to obtain data, such as communications, when they have a warrant to do so.

Nuff said.

Time to stock up on clean routers and later sell them on the black market for profit.

Stupid... unless I missed something serious (aka law forcing backdoors etc)... This is basically the digital version of drilling/cracking open a safe or breaking down a door.

Now if the government was to require encryption keys or force companies (vendors) to unlock said devices there would be an issue.

A warrant to hack... wow...

One can only imagine the "cyber armies" working to discover other country's backdoor(s)... Access to Stock markets, banks... Provisions to not give access based on certain conditions means access is still possible...

A new kind of limitless!

My house my rules, your house your problem.

Well, people say the internet is global... If it works in one country, why would other countries want to limit themselves, officially?

Back