Apple gets wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
macs are made for the morons who know nothing about computers....there idiot computers...

And as far as Apple's software goes, it is quality. I would have to say that as far as stability and ease of use goes, OSX is tops right now.

That is only said by the 5% of the market...

5% of the market is several million people... How often do millions of people agree on something? Hmm... Your right, they are idiot computers, they are much more intuitive and easy to use, anyone could use one for gods sake! We certainly cant use computer that are easy to run can we? ;)

Edit: are you part of the BF1942 [RIP]???

Apples arent popular in the market because they use their own hardware that cannot match the power of the PC platform's at the same price. Because a dollar of PC hardware is better than a dollar of Mac hardware, more companies will go out of their way to support the cheaper hardware and that seemed to take hold of the world. Once the PC platform got momentum, Apple was stuck by themself marketing a platform that was less economical and less compatable.

This makes me wonder. What if Joe Dumbass buys one of these things, and he's all fine with the computing part of that machine, but if something happens hardware wise, he's fux0r'd. What happens if the water system breaks down? If something were to happen like the pump breaking, or a tub leaking, or something. This poses an interesting setup for those that aren't hardware inclined. It's somewhat scary too, that a lot of the software tech heads aren't very familiar with the hardware aspects of computers.

I guess it's very conceivable, but not from my point of view.

Ya it could happen... But so could a heatsink fan get stuck and bogged down by dust... Im sure ti would be covered under warranty if a part of the cooling system broke...

Nuitari said:
This makes me wonder. What if Joe Dumbass buys one of these things, and he's all fine with the computing part of that machine, but if something happens hardware wise, he's fux0r'd. What happens if the water system breaks down? If something were to happen like the pump breaking, or a tub leaking, or something. This poses an interesting setup for those that aren't hardware inclined. It's somewhat scary too, that a lot of the software tech heads aren't very familiar with the hardware aspects of computers.

i dont think anyone but joe dumbass would buy one of these, and hell think "oh its mac itll never break." keep in mind this is the same guy who would think you were an idiot if you talked about watercooling a PC.

Nuitari said:

id imagine that it would throw some sort of error, or not turn on if it detected a pump failure. even my koolance unit will give an error if a pump fails, and it wont power on if both pumps fail.

Well, they have the fan systems flugged as is, how hard would it be to do that with a pump? They could make it so it doesnt start the processor unless the pump is working and if its off it gives you an error and tells you to take it in for servicing...

This thread was intended to be used to discuss the merits of Apple watercooling their latest PC and instead you have turned this into another Apple vs PC fanboy fight.....

This thread has outlived its usefulness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back