apple g5

I think the most recent ones are DVI or dual link DVI for the big ones. They seem to have started to shy away from that ADC crap.

G5 is definetly DVI with a good chance of it being Dual Link. ADC was a G4 thing. I haven't seen a DB15 on Power Mac G4 or G5.

k thats fine, i have DVI and stuff and thanks for the answers guys, but will it work on my pc?

You mean the Cinema display? There's no such thing as a G5 monitor, I assume you're just looking at the silver bezel.

It's DVI. Yes it will work with your pc.

ok ok ok, sorry, i feel fucking stupid - im a+ cert, net+, mcse, and a couple small shit that is gay, but i know nothing of apples

You can use any Apple monitor from the G5 timeframe with a PC, they are DVI. If you have somehow been given one, just go for it. If you are thinking about buying, the Dell equivalents are just as good or better for less money.

NulloModo said:
If you are thinking about buying, the Dell equivalents are just as good or better for less money.

He speaketh the truth. Several of the Dells even use the same screens as their Apple equivalents (for a lot less money).

While I fully support the "buy a Dell instead" motion, I would just like to point out that Apple displays supposedly!have slightly better backlights. I've never compared them side-by-side, mind you. This is just something I've heard.

And I've yet to see one (my highschool computer lab had 50 G5 with 20' cinema displays) with a dead pixel. I love my Apple display, especially the newer ones, with better brightness and saturation settings.

There is no doubt that the electronics inside the Apple Displays are better than Dell's. I agree I rarely see a Apple LCD with a dead pixel or backlight issues. Generally Apple Stores are really good if you have a problem too. Instead of talking to Dell's customer support.

Arcygenical said:
... and shipping your LCD back to India or something :)

Now with all the Dell quality control issues imagine the money UPS and FedEx would be making!

Last time I called Apple they had very nice and knowledgable sales and support staff. The support staff were very well trained and didn't put me on hold to go check with someone else.

Back