Apple G5 Case

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but Im looking to order a G5 case for my next system and I wanted to know where to get one. I saw that two people have already done mods to them.

Thanks for your help.

Thats close but Im looking for the whole design. Maybe one of the guys who did the mods will answer.

One guy lists that he paid $112 for the case and I wondering where he got it.

Dew said:
Project: G5, AMD Inside

I've been wanting to do this ever since the G5 came out. So a few weeks ago I finally got up the nerve to do it. All parts are ordered, just waiting for my fans and USB/Firewire/Sound cables to arrive.

Case costs:
Case: $112
Cables, fans, screws/bolts: $105
Tools: $88
----------------------
Total: $305

thanks guys...

That closer but I kinda want the whole G5 package. Apple symbol and all.

Found one on EBAY but I dont do ebay. To many scam artists out there and a little more then I wanted to pay.

Ebay Link

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Darth Millennial said:
thanks guys...

Found one on EBAY but I dont do ebay. To many scam artists out there and a little more then I wanted to pay.

Ebay Link

Actually, that ebay seller has good feedback, he's a power seller, and he's been a ebayer for about 2 years. Why do you want a G5 case if you don't mind me asking.

I've been building my own computers for years and I wanted to do something a little more unique this time. The guys here that have already done mods inspired me and I have a friend who is a MAC head and I'd love to see the look on his face when he saw it. Then I'd boot it up with AMD or Intel inside with it running windows and watch him shit a brick.

Mainly just to do something unique...

K... Found this too but again way more then I wanted to pay. If these guys can get ahold of them so can someone else.

G5 Case

Darth Millennial said:
thanks guys...

Ebay Link

I have purchased from that seller and he is not a scam artist!

Give you an idea apples price listed on gsx for that case is 299.00. That is the price for a new case for apple certified techs. The 2 part numbers are 922-5952 and 922-6772. Most of the time when people are selling these they come from gutted g5 systems but they are somtimes sold new. Good luck finding one for a good price.

Darth Millennial said:
Thats close but Im looking for the whole design. Maybe one of the guys who did the mods will answer.

One guy lists that he paid $112 for the case and I wondering where he got it.

As stated in my thread, twice, ebay.

Second case on the way. I'll probably start work on it in November/December.

thanks for the replies guys... I appreciate it. I will talk with the guy on ebay and see if he will hold it for a couple days till i get paid.

theseeker said:
I have purchased from that seller and he is not a scam artist!

I didn't mean to say he was! I was simply articulating my concerns with purchasing from ebay. It was in no way a reference to him.

Elmntskater1588 said:
It came from EBAY!!

swatbat said:
Give you an idea apples price listed on gsx for that case is 299.00. That is the price for a new case for apple certified techs. The 2 part numbers are 922-5952 and 922-6772. Most of the time when people are selling these they come from gutted g5 systems but they are somtimes sold new. Good luck finding one for a good price.

Yep friggin Apple and their prices. Maybe now that they're going Intel things will come down a bit. I have always been a fan of Apple design.

Apple's entry point prices have been of the decline for years.

The PowerMac and PowerBook lines have become the apple equivilent to Dell's XPS line. You pay for the performance and design. If you want a basic computer(Think Dell 4x00 series), you go with a Man Mini or an eMac. If you want a higher performance at a good price you go with the iMac line(Think Dell 8x00 series).

I hate it when people complain about Apple's prices. If you aren't willing to pay it, go lower.

Dew said:
Apple's entry point prices have been of the decline for years.

The PowerMac and PowerBook lines have become the apple equivilent to Dell's XPS line. You pay for the performance and design. If you want a basic computer(Think Dell 4x00 series), you go with a Man Mini or an eMac. If you want a higher performance at a good price you go with the iMac line(Think Dell 8x00 series).

I hate it when people complain about Apple's prices. If you aren't willing to pay it, go lower.

The problem with that Dew is they dont perform like Dell's XPS line. Dont make me mention Voodoo or Alienware. The processor Macs use is one of the most efficient on the market today but the problem is its scalability.

i bought my G5 case on ebay and it was in perfect shape, i paid $100 for it from welovemacs.....you can find my thread in the case mod gallery thing to look at how i put an athlon64 system in it....

The G5 case is nice lookin' but I would definitely not pay $300 for it off that one link. Don't be so sceptical of ebay man, if the guy has good feedback, and more importantly is a Power Seller, then you certainly can trust them. Heck, I didn't even know you could buy a G5 case by itself...cool.

Darth Millennial said:
Yep friggin Apple and their prices. Maybe now that they're going Intel things will come down a bit. I have always been a fan of Apple design.

Yes I agree (have a G4 Tower), they have great designs. But don't plan on Apple prices going down. They will still be proprietary and thus can charge whatever Mac Zealots will pay. Which has always been mucho $$.

I got mine from eBay too!!

Picked it up from the sellers home.. and a very nice fella to boot.

I was nervous about eBay at first, but use some sense when bidding as not everyone on eBay is a bad you feel they may be.

How about one of these:

6551.jpg

http://www.suntekgroup.com/stk6551.htm

Back