Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At

THIS VIDEO IS BROUGHT TO YOU BUY CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!!!!!!

::ears are now bleeding::

A Friends Bar really isn't that bad of an idea, imagine a little coffe shop in an Apple store where you can sit and chat with folks and talk to Apple store employee about products and ask about possible setups. I always wanted to open something like a computer shop/coffee shop/24/7 LAN party where I can sit down with customers over a coffee to discuss their needs and setups they are considering. I always hated standing behind a counter and having to talk for 20 minutes why its not a good idea for that person to fix their P2 and cheaper to buy a new one, more relaxed and comfortable where the customer could let their guard down (in a good way). Would never work in my down though, would need to find techs wit people skills:(

So you got a friend bar to help educate mac users and give them a buddy to talk to and give them dating advice? I think its a waste of apples time. unless they actually were to charge money for the use of the friend bar. I used to work at a best buy and a circuit city where people would come to waste my time or pump me for information. Or ask the stupidest questions. Such as which is the best brand of computer or the often "I need a Mouse for a Dell computer."

My response. It matters what's inside the computer and not the brand. And Any USB mouse will work with any computer. :eek: Then they'd ask me the same question over expecting a different answer.

So you got a friend bar to help educate mac users and give them a buddy to talk to and give them dating advice? I think its a waste of apples time. unless they actually were to charge money for the use of the friend bar. I used to work at a best buy and a circuit city where people would come to waste my time or pump me for information. Or ask the stupidest questions. Such as which is the best brand of computer or the often "I need a Mouse for a Dell computer."

I actually feel more sorry for people who don't grasp the concept of satire. Those folks REALLY need help.

@cliche, Zoro947:

Now now, let us laugh at those that can't comprehend the joke while passing it as laughing with them. This is added fuel to the humorous fire that is the friend bar.

(snickers "with" adonn78)

TON is an incredibly talented group of people. I bet it's a blast to work there :)

Reading this was a T*O*N of fun...

My response. It matters what's inside the computer and not the brand. And Any USB mouse will work with any computer. :eek: Then they'd ask me the same question over expecting a different answer.

I just started using OSX in VMware Player because I needed more hands on experience with OSX. Now I have a great place to hang out and learn from such brilliant people! Thank you Apple!

Thought it could have been 5000X funnier/better.

Kinda a miss for the Onion, IMO.

A Friends Bar really isn't that bad of an idea, imagine a little coffe shop in an Apple store where you can sit and chat with folks and talk to Apple store employee about products and ask about possible setups. I always wanted to open something like a computer shop/coffee shop/24/7 LAN party where I can sit down with customers over a coffee to discuss their needs and setups they are considering. I always hated standing behind a counter and having to talk for 20 minutes why its not a good idea for that person to fix their P2 and cheaper to buy a new one, more relaxed and comfortable where the customer could let their guard down (in a good way). Would never work in my down though, would need to find techs wit people skills:(

dooode, have you ever had to sit down and talk with rabbid microsoft/apple fans? I'd rather shoot myself. If they opened a 'bar', they better serve alcohol. :D

Besides, if someone learns you're in IT (or a computer geek) in most social situations, they ask you a ton of questions anyhow.

dooode, have you ever had to sit down and talk with rabbid microsoft/apple fans? I'd rather shoot myself. If they opened a 'bar', they better serve alcohol. :D

Besides, if someone learns you're in IT (or a computer geek) in most social situations, they ask you a ton of questions anyhow.

It's gotten to the point where I never tell anyone I'm in IT anymore. My family is under strict instructions to do the same. I usually lie about my job and pick something totally uninteresting, like accountant. I love my job and career, but my tolerance for politely listening to every uninformed opinion, self-inflicted problem, and inane rant is gone. Basically unless I'm getting paid I don't talk about computers.

i don't know what microsoft fans are like....... never seen one.
I can't imagine what microsoft shit there is to be excited for.

but gotdamn, i've always imagined apple fans as they portrayed them in this spoof.

Exactly! XD

I know this is a community of computer and tech enthusiasts, but generally speaking we are still pretty alienated with the exception of certain events. I just want to create something like the Apple store is to Apple fans for PCs and I'm not talking about that sham they call the Microsoft store, something that we are about. Think of a Fry's/PC Club, but without the annoying sales men on a smaller scale and an area for PC guys to chill and show off their rigs and game.

Brilliant! Now they'll have somewhere to hang out when they're not in line for the next iCrap... hahaha...

It's gotten to the point where I never tell anyone I'm in IT anymore. My family is under strict instructions to do the same. I usually lie about my job and pick something totally uninteresting, like accountant. I love my job and career, but my tolerance for politely listening to every uninformed opinion, self-inflicted problem, and inane rant is gone. Basically unless I'm getting paid I don't talk about computers.

+1!
Me too! I love my job but its just that, my job and hobby.

Not quote as good as the Mac Book Wheel, but still got a lol from me. MBW is still epic.

i don't know what microsoft fans are like....... never seen one.
I can't imagine what microsoft shit there is to be excited for.

but gotdamn, i've always imagined apple fans as they portrayed them in this spoof.

When you're products are used by like 92% of the marketshare, there doesn't need to be fans.

Think of a Fry's/PC Club, but without the annoying sales men on a smaller scale and an area for PC guys to chill and show off their rigs and game.

We have those places all over, they are called LAN parties ;)

(all joking aside, I see what you are saying though)

Back