Apple Female to USB Female Adapter?

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
Ok this may be super rare, but I am not sure how I can even search for it.... my car has a built in ipod/iphone wire coming out of the glove box, that I assume will fit right into an Apple device (I dont own any Apple stuff so... but it looks like a male port)...

I would much rather load some mp3's in a flash drive and play them through my radio, so instead of buying a new radio with a USB, I would like to use this existing connection to connect a flash drive... I looked through pages of adapters in Amazon to no avail. The only ones I have ever seen with a female Apple adapter end were simply extenders, not even sure what those are for, they are so short, but anyways, any ideas, or better yet, is it even possible?

Thanks!

Odds are, that cable only uses the line-out and serial control pins of the 30-pin connector. It would be completely incapable of doing anything with a flash drive.

XenIneX is right. Have you considered picking up a 4th gen iPod shuffle? You should be able to grab one for about fifty bucks, load your tunes, connect the device, and jam out.

Odds are, that cable only uses the line-out and serial control pins of the 30-pin connector. It would be completely incapable of doing anything with a flash drive.

XenIneX is right. Have you considered picking up a 4th gen iPod shuffle? You should be able to grab one for about fifty bucks, load your tunes, connect the device, and jam out.

This and this.

Buy an older iPod, largest you want, load it up, create a bunch of playlists in iTunes to make it easier to navigate without using the iPod, plug it in, and stuff it in your glovebox. Instant jukebox loaded with your music. This is assuming your radio can control it as well. If you get one big enough and don't constantly add music, you will never have to see it again.

Radios don't read the music on the iPod, they read and control the iPod, which sends the music via line-out, as well as track information. At no point does the music get loaded to your radio, only played through it, so what you are trying to do is basically impossible.

You mean buy an Apple product with my money? Ehhhhhhhh........

If that were really my only option I guess I could find a used older one on ebay for like $20 or something... music isnt that important to me, just "nice to have" in the car I guess... but more for maybe audio books etc for my occasional long drives instead of using my cell.

I assume all the ipods from the last few years use the same connector, and that they all support plain mp3 files through itunes? Because I already got a ton of mp3's, i dont have any kind of active itunes account.

Thanks.

You mean buy an Apple product with my money? Ehhhhhhhh........

If that were really my only option I guess I could find a used older one on ebay for like $20 or something... music isnt that important to me, just "nice to have" in the car I guess... but more for maybe audio books etc for my occasional long drives instead of using my cell.

I assume all the ipods from the last few years use the same connector, and that they all support plain mp3 files through itunes? Because I already got a ton of mp3's, i dont have any kind of active itunes account.

Thanks.
Yes and yes. The only thing they don't, off the top of my head, is FLAC.

Back