Apple Confirms Music Deletion Bug In iTunes

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Some had insisted it was user error, but Apple’s announcement of a patch would suggest that the software was really deleting users’ music files and replacing them with DRM copies.

In an extremely small number of cases users have reported that music files saved on their computer were removed without their permission. We're taking these reports seriously as we know how important music is to our customers and our teams are focused on identifying the cause. We have not been able to reproduce this issue, however, we're releasing an update to iTunes early next week which includes additional safeguards. If a user experiences this issue they should contact AppleCare.

I don't see any confirmation other than speculation in that link.

It's possible to patch an issue even if you can't reproduce it or if it's bull shit. They probably installed another check or a second layer of protection to check user settings.

I have two CD's that were replaced with complete silence that I'm pretty sure is the result of apple music (copied them to an SD card to put into my truck, now I have to re-rip the cd's)

Don't use apple stuff, problem solved. I like Media Monkey as well, it is good stuff.

Bullshit. It's been doing it for years. Anything not bought on iTunes was affected.

Back