Apple Cinema display and Apple desktop

More than likely if you're having trouble with an ACD then you have an older one with an ACD connection and that adapter is what you will need. But this is just a guess until you tell exactly which models of each item you have.

No, no help, because you didn't fix your pic's in the first post, and can't link to save our life.

Fix the links then maybe we can help you!

Seriously it's been almost a month since you started this thread. Fix those pics please.

Are you sure that will work? I think the ACD uses the proprietary Apple Display Connector and would therefore need that adapter.

In truth I have no fucking clue. It looks like the video card on the Mac has the old school ACD port on it. But without a proper pic ad model numbers I have no idea.

I may also just be fed up with this thread. :p

lol i don't blame you. I think that gpu has the standard dvi connectors.
Let's just say, "Get the adapter." and be done with this :) (I'm pretty sure it's correct too.)

In truth I have no fucking clue. It looks like the video card on the Mac has the old school ACD port on it. But without a proper pic ad model numbers I have no idea.

I may also just be fed up with this thread. :p

Yep - you are probably right - but pictures showing both ends
The connector and back of my tower.
Thank you all for help !!

I think I was right. :confused:

Yeah maybe lol. Except that we can only see one connector on that gpu and it is definitely DVI not ADC. I don't know if Apple made a gpu with one DVI and one ADC.
This thread makes me laugh :)

Are you sure that will work? I think the ACD uses the proprietary Apple Display Connector and would therefore need that adapter.

I saw some other pics of his G5 and it has the ADC connector on it. His monitor will need an active adapter (with a PSU) since the ADC connector supplies power for the monitor. A passive DVI to ADC will not work here.

OP, have you considered that your monitor might be defective?

If his gpu has an ADC connector that supplies power then why would he need an adapter that supplies power?

If his gpu has an ADC connector that supplies power then why would he need an adapter that supplies power?

He wouldn't.

It looks like and ADC to VGA adaptor is connected to it right now. If the Monitor is the kind with the ACD connector just plug it in.

Which I think is what the case was, but this guy sucks at communicating.

Yes I suck - is what it is I can't connect both units !!

Well - sorry about all this misunderstanding - finally my pictures are up.
Pictures of possible "connector - adapter" also are in.
Maybe someone has that part I need - !
This will be my last update ( I don't want you guys get mad on me ) and kick me out from this site.
So my last question is how to make this work ?
Thank you all for help!!!

He normally wouldnt. Only reason he'd need it is if the psu couldnt power the monitor.

Arent the psus in G5's 1000W, mine was. That should be plenty.

They can be as low as 450w IIRC.

The G5 was last made around 05. An older PSU won't work at the same capacity it did when it was new.

Then, at the very least, your machine is a final-gen dual core, rather than dual CPU.

If you have a DVI port on the vidcard, then you'll need that Apple DVI to ADC active adapter, Model A1006, to connect it to your Apple Cinema Display w/ ADC connector.

The Belkin Apple ADC to DVI (model F2E9142-WHT-APL) is the opposite: If you have an ADC port on your vidcard, then you'll need that belkin adapter to connect it to any monitor with a DVI port.

edit: wow those active adapters are expensive. I think it might be cheaper to just buy a new monitor! lol

Last edited:
I know they are expensive but this is the reason I'm asking all of you if you have one extra just laying around and not used.
I have a couple of silver dollars for trade ???
LOL

Back