Apple Cinema Display 23" panel?

Teukka76

Limp Gawd
Has Apple upgraded the panel on it's displays? How is the 23" ACD comparde dto new 22-24" displays?

The price for 23" ACD is reasonable nowadays and design is exactly what i want.

One year parts and 90 days labor warranty. I think most of those here would look else ware just because of this. It is still a top of the line professional graphics monitor in every sense of the word but there are other IPS monitors, like the NEC 2490 that will out shine it. But the Apple is hard to beat at $900. It is still a superior display for color critical work.

I would also like to know if there is anything that is needed to make this monitor work well with a Vista based system (other than calibration).

I gave the rah-rah side of it and forgot to tell some of the bad points. It only has one DVI connection and that’s all there is. It is not HDCP capable. The second one killed it right on the spot for me.

Other downsides for the Apple:

No OSD, calibration by videocard only.
No Pivot mode.

-Tarc

There has been a lot of speculation that Apple is going to refresh the ACD line in June.

You can buy Applecare for ACD, which adds an extra 3 years warrenty. However, that extra cost bumps you into Dell 30 incher price range.

There has been a lot of speculation that Apple is going to refresh the ACD line in June.

Yes. Who knows, maybe they will update all of their displays with the new LED backlighting technology.

I currently run two Dell 1900FP 19" LCD's. They are long in the tooth, and at 1280x1024 resolution, I'm not exactly taxing my video card. I was considering buying a Dell 2407, but I think I'll hold off a bit longer until after the WWDC to see if Apple released anything new.

I need a new desk too, but that's another story.

Back