Apple Cinema Alternatives?

leftheaded

Limp Gawd
Any recommendations that I should be shopping for if the Apple cinemas are a favorite? I'm not sure if I love gloss or just hate grainy coating that much more, but I do love the resolution and the colors (whites are white). The only thing I don't like about them is the thick bezel.

Must haves:
  • 2560 resolution
  • 27" min
  • "thinner" bezel
  • decent for gaming

EDIT - I'm going to wait for vega to de-matte a ROG Swift PG278Q. if that process works, it looks like it could meet all my "needs"

Last edited:
The Apple has grayish blacks, is very reflective and is very overpriced. Planar sells a similar monitor (PXL2790MW) which has much better black levels, uses glass like the ACD but is far less reflective and is cheaper.

The ACD uses edge-to-edge glass like the Samsung S27B970D on the left while the Planar PXL2790MW (reviewed by Toms) uses Plasma Deposition Coating like the Crossover 2755AMG from this comparison. Images are from the Plasma Deposition Coating section of my Crossover 2755AMG review.

I love my Dell 30" UltraSharp and have been told that the 4K 32" is absolutely beautiful!

Back