Apple CEO Says He Feels Shareholders' Pain

HardOCP News

[H] News
"Hi, my name is Tim Cook. As a multi-multi-multi-millionaire, I too feel your pain." :rolleyes:

Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook on Wednesday acknowledged widespread disappointment in the company's sagging share price but shared few details about its secretive product pipeline and touched only briefly on a raging debate about how best to reward shareholders.

Why is Apple doing this crap? they are sitting on BILLIONS on cash reserves and the shareholders should be rewarded. If they don't want to deal with shareholders that much then buy the shares back.

The whole point of issuing stocks is because a company doesn't have the financial backing / purchasing power. Apple is at a place most companies can only dream of. They have no need to be sitting on all this cash pile that could otherwise be invested.

As the rich get richers, the poor get poorer, and the middle class shrinks more every year, I see an inevitable class warfare breaking out. The greed and incestuous relationship between the upper crust is going to burn them in the end, as the people will only tolerate so much.

As the rich get richers, the poor get poorer, and the middle class shrinks more every year, I see an inevitable class warfare breaking out. The greed and incestuous relationship between the upper crust is going to burn them in the end, as the people will only tolerate so much.

Hence the current push for more gun control...

Cook presided over Wednesday's staid affair in his typically even-keeled manner. Despite a slipping share price, dissatisfaction on the Street over its cash allocation and uncertainty over its product pipeline, shareholders re-elected the entire board, and Cook won more than 99 percent of the vote in preliminary results.
Seems like most shareholders are quite satisfied. :p

I don't think its so much about greed or richness, it's that Apple has become a very complacent company in keeping their product line safe and smooth instead of innovating. A new sized iPhone/iPad won't do the trick anymore in today's market and people are wanting something new/exciting instead of the same home screen that's been around for what, 8-9 years? Samsung has finally gotten the formula right with it's Galaxy/Note line and if it continues, Apple may have to play a huge game of catch-up and investors see that now, hence why their stock is tanking. Cook is just trying to soften the blows.

Why is Apple doing this crap? they are sitting on BILLIONS on cash reserves and the shareholders should be rewarded. If they don't want to deal with shareholders that much then buy the shares back.

This kind of thinking will be the downfall of Apple. They should get rid of greedy trouble making shareholders that don't give a crap about anything other than profit, and go private.

Al the while the people that actually make their devices would rather jump to their death than continue to work... I could care less about shareholders.

Samsung has finally gotten the formula right with it's Galaxy/Note line and if it continues, Apple may have to play a huge game of catch-up and investors see that now, hence why their stock is tanking.

Just exactly is Samsung doing so right, that Apple are doing so badly? And please take the OS out of your answer, as that is nothing to do with Samsung.

Apple sitting on all that cash has never sat right with me from an investment point of view.

What are you expecting from a populous that is conditioned and medicated to roll over and get their belly scratched?

This generation is custom made to tolerate quite a bit. I predict things will get much much worse until the people are begging to have big brother save them from what is happening.

They will embrace martial law and totalitarian control. Mankind is wholey corrupt and unable to govern themselves.

Oh, and this stock market game that is going on is laughable. A "House of Cards" isn't even a good analogy for it because at least a real house of cards can stand on its own.

Oh, and this stock market game that is going on is laughable. A "House of Cards" isn't even a good analogy for it because at least a real house of cards can stand on its own.

Did you watch Bernanke's Congressional testimony? Absolutely horrifying. If you told me ten years ago the Fed chairman would say the preposterous things he did, I would have said you were dreaming. Now nobody bats an eye. This entire country has lost its mind.

Hence the current push for more gun control...
That and attempts at elimination of privacy and violation of phone tap laws and the like, and of course the recent rights granted to the executive branch to disappear American citizens indefinitely without trial; all of course in the name of national security to fight terrorism... I have a feeling "domestic terrorist" will be the immeidate name assigned when the people hit the streets, and laws designed to fight Al Qaeda will be used on any leaders of mass protests when the shit hits the fan.

Just exactly is Samsung doing so right, that Apple are doing so badly? And please take the OS out of your answer, as that is nothing to do with Samsung.

This. Lol people complain about apple doing the same thing with minor updates. Samsung does this like none other for probably over 10 devices. They have so many galaxy devices in so many different screen sizes and then every year they push out some weird name for a phone with last years spec. They havent dont anything innovative in forever. The Note 2 is bigger and faster than the original Note, same goes with the S1 to S2 to S3. No one has done much of anything hardware wise in years that is really truly innovative. Apple is not alone on that. But anyways I dont really know what apple has in mind for all that cash reserves. They cant possibly spend it all on R&D. They are probably going to buy up other companies, I just cant see them buying up enough companies to use a substantial amount of that war chest.

The only reason Apple sits on all that cash is because they know the future is not bright for them, they need the cash.

The only reason Apple sits on all that cash is because they know the future is not bright for them, they need the cash.

Bright or not, they know the future involves, at best, living off the long tail of a successful product line until they find the next big seller. Other companies survive that through massive diversity. Samsung is one example. Others need a war chest while they work on it, or to buy their way into something big before it really hits.

Give them a few years, once Apple fatigue takes root they will be just another company like dell or acer.

It is NOT a "reward" for loyal service as a stockholder.... it is YOUR FUCKING MONEY. :rolleyes:

Note to Timmay Cook: We own the company, it is our money, gimme my fucking money you skinny little shit. :eek::mad:

The problem is, with 90% of all stock ownership handled through 3rd party investment funds... who literally don't give two shits about anything (like morality or ethics or even dividends)... there is no longer any pressure mechanism, like a real stockholder's meeting, that can force company management to do things like cash out my dividend money, etc.

It is a very serious problem with the alleged "free market" that assumes corporate behavior would have some rational basis from the pressure of the people who are the stockholders actually engaging in corporate governance.

Ah, no. :D

The fundamental problem with Apple's massive cash position is what it can do to enhance the consumer experience. How can they improve their product? How can they bring back the 30% cash (of total balance) held overseas? How can they bring mfr jobs back to America? Should they? It's cheaper to have foxconn assemble apple products.

Back