Apple Black Friday Sale

Mr. Pedantic

[H]ard|Gawd
I have two questions:

1) How big are the discounts typically? I've never heard of an Apple sale with big discounts, but any would be good.

2) Is the sale available in countries other than the US? We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and nobody does Black Friday here in New Zealand, so I would guess no...but the sale is advertised on the New Zealand Apple store, so I'm hoping...

1) How big are the discounts typically? I've never heard of an Apple sale with big discounts, but any would be good.

Moderate. Maybe $100 off a Mac, $30 off an iPod Touch, around those numbers. Think 5-10%. Just good enough to be worth waiting for if you’ve already planned to buy something Apple-related.

2) Is the sale available in countries other than the US? We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and nobody does Black Friday here in New Zealand, so I would guess no...but the sale is advertised on the New Zealand Apple store, so I'm hoping...

Yes, Apple offered its Black Friday discounts in New Zealand last year. Should be the same this year.

Apple resellers have some BF deals that are likely better than whatever Apple will provide.

A pair of leading Apple Authorized Resellers launched early Black Friday sales overnight, offering up to $400 off new Macs, including $150 off white MacBooks, up to $270 off MacBook Pros, up to $180 off iMacs, and up to $100 off new Mac minis and MacBook Airs.

In particular, both MacConnection (sale) and MacMall (sale) have confirmed to AppleInsider that their Black Friday Mac pricing discounts are now available a full day early. Among the standouts for Mac notebooks this year are several deals from the former, including the sole white MacBook for $849.99 ($149 discount), the 2.66GHz 13" MacBook Pro for $1,299 ($200 savings), the 2.4GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,599 ($200 savings), the 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,579 ($240 savings), and the 2.53GHz 17" MacBook Pro for $2,029 ($270 savings).

The reseller, which appears as if it will retain last year's crown as the most heavily discounted Mac reseller over Black Friday, is also offering big savings on desktops, including the 2.40GHz Mac mini for $599 ($100 savings), the 3.06GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,049.00 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,349 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 27.0" iMac for $1,529 ($170 savings), and the 2.80GHz 27.0" iMac quad-core for $1,819.00 ($180 savings).

Meanwhile, MacMall is offering $400 off 2.66GHz 12-Core Mac Pro and both Amazon and J&R Computer World are selling the new 1.86GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB for $,1499 ($100 savings). All of these discounts and others can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, which is also republished below. The lowest prices are highlighted in bold links and the total discount compared to Apple's suggested retail price can be seen on the far right in red.

Best deal found on a new iPod touch 32gb? Thinking about upgrading.

Disappointed the sale didn't stack with the education discounts. Picked up a MacBook Air 13" 1.86GHz/4Gb/128Gb for $1511 after HST from Apple Canada.

By the time you add in tax, etc. Its probably still cheaper on amazon or somewhere else online.

Disappointed the sale didn't stack with the education discounts. Picked up a MacBook Air 13" 1.86GHz/4Gb/128Gb for $1511 after HST from Apple Canada.

Congats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it. That said, I’m not sure why you went in with an expectation of being allowed to double dip the discounts.

Yeah, I don't think Apple has ever let people to stack coupons or discounts.

Not that its a big deal anymore since all the edu discounts seem to top out at $50 these days. Back when I bought my first Mac I think the discount was $200 on a $2000 MBP. Buy with the back to school rebate for $200 off an iPod and then turn around and selling the iPod made things all the sweeter.

I didn't really want to buy one but I need a laptop when I go to relocate and find a new job and place to live. I much prefer my desktop and as soon as I find steady work and a permanent residence I'll probably resell it and go for an iMac if LightPeak is shipping by then.

By the time you add in tax, etc. Its probably still cheaper on amazon or somewhere else online.

Amazon doesn't even sell Macs in Canada and there is no way around the tax buying elsewhere except ebay within Canada but everything new is usually much more than retail for some reason. None of the authorized retailers can even undercut Apple's pricing other than in end of life sales when new models come in unless they want Apple to pull their status as a authorized retailer and service centre.

Last edited:
Snagged a 16 GB iPad for my mom. Thanks to the discount, it came out to about $488 shipped and with taxe.s

No more "Can you look this up for me?" or, "Can you check my e-mail for me?"

Back