• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Apple 30" cinema display or what else?

Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
600
I'm about to buy a monitor for my computer, and i cannot decide which one i want. I have been looking at the dell 2405FPW, and the Apple 30" Cinema display, but i was wondering if i have any other options for large wide aspect monitors that dont ghost. Suggestions would be great.
 
There is the Samsung 24" that just came out which appears to be a good monitor.
There is also the Westinghouse 37" lcd

Others which may or may not be as good and others would need to comment on their quality include:
Apple 23"
BenQ 23"
Viewsonic 23"
and I think there are a few others that I just can't remember of the top of my head . :confused:
 
That 37" is useless, good for door stopper. It's res. is very low for a 37" monitor.

It's nothing but a 37" LCD TV. It's res. is meant to use as a 37" TV, as a monitor, the display would be too blur for your eyes. To me, I don't care how cheap it is, because I'm sure my eyes worth more.
 
Happy Hopping said:
That 37" is useless, good for door stopper. It's res. is very low for a 37" monitor.

It's nothing but a 37" LCD TV. It's res. is meant to use as a 37" TV, as a monitor, the display would be too blur for your eyes. To me, I don't care how cheap it is, because I'm sure my eyes worth more.

Its not all that bad as its 1920x1080 but yeah, its very low for its size. Its reputably ok for gaming though - it could be worse .. there are plenty of other large monitors/tv's use 1280x768 which is totally unusable as a computer monitor. It goes for around $1600+(us) according to http://shop.resellerratings.com/?keyword=westinghouse 37"&linkin_id=3056829

Its not a monitor I would buy but its out there. Personally I am waiting for a new revision/update of the Apple 30" to include HDCP or that blasted rumored HP 30" which has yet to show up
 
Yeah, i like the Apple 30" displays.. they look incredible. Im thinking about buying one 30" one, and a second 23" one, to run dual displays, one for whatever im activly working on, and the other for background stuff (msgers, webcams, stuff like that)
 
Jeez...money isn't an issue with you guys I can see lol...I'm waiting for the 2405 to drop in price...looks like the best bet.
 
That's not true. I'm waiting for the price to drop too, so I can get 2 x 30" ACD or if Dell has their 30" as per some rumor, I'll get 4 for a right price. But I'll have to jump to SLI mobo w/ ATI X1800
 
Happy Hopping said:
That's not true. I'm waiting for the price to drop too, so I can get 2 x 30" ACD or if Dell has their 30" as per some rumor, I'll get 4 for a right price. But I'll have to jump to SLI mobo w/ ATI X1800
I doubt Dell will release a 30" anytime soon but would be nice to have a cheap 30" to buy with coupons.
 
30 is too big for me...24 is pushing it considering i may need a new gfx card to even take advantage of it...I have a 6800GT now..works great for my 19" crt lol.

I bet by februrary, the price of the 2405 should drop a nice amount considering LCD technology is rapidly increases, but that also means we won't want the 2405 because something better will be out...Don't you love that neverending cycle? lol
 
Back
Top