Apple 27" LED Backlight bleed

harlock328

Weaksauce
Hi,
People that have this monitor; how is your backlight bleed? I have it in all 4 corners and bottom right pretty bad. This is the 2nd monitor showing this, first one was really bad.

Thanks

Yeah, mine seems to have it as well, but I don't really care too much about backlight bleed. Not worth the trouble of returning it and trying to find one that doesn't. Also, what's the best to way to look for this? To look at a black screen, right?

I saw it while playing cod4 and starcraft2. My $300 glossy 24" had hardly any. I would have thought 1k monitor would have very little. Kinda bummed, I really like it besides the bleed.

4 corners is classical IPS glow. If you move does this bleed change?

The glow goes towards the center a good 5+inches on the bottom right. The other corners look like normal ips glow, a few inches at most

Supposed I could be expecting too much from a $1000 monitor. If I tilt the monitor certain way it does lessen the problem.

Supposed I could be expecting too much from a $1000 monitor. If I tilt the monitor certain way it does lessen the problem.

I've come to accept that there is no perfect monitor. While this is probably the best monitor I've ever used, I'm still not 100% happy with it. I don't think there will ever be a perfect lcd monitor, at least anytime soon. Maybe many years from now there will be a perfect monitor, but right now, there still isn't one that I'm 100% happy with.

Back