• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Apple 23'' HD 16ms....sweet :)

hornkiku23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
421
chadscreen.jpg


No dead pixels and looks great!
 
lucky lol i wish i could get miself one of those ;) but i rather have the 30" one lol now only if i had sum $$$$
 
How's the performance of the LCD? I'm guessing Apple is using LG's panel? Are there any screendoor effect on this LCD?
 
Hmm, you could have bought a monitor with the same panel and more features for less money.

It's called the HP L2335...
 
actually I was set to buy the HP but I got a deal through a buisness purchase so bascially I ended paying next to nothing for it...
 
GCK said:
Hmm, you could have bought a monitor with the same panel and more features for less money.

It's called the HP L2335...


except the apple one is prettier
 
I really hope YOU are not serious...
it is prettier....
if you think that is not a good reason why would one build a faster system with a 500 videocard...
for a prettier image....
after seeing so many people spending money on tacky paint jobs and ugly neon windows if someone wants to spend 400 more for a nicer bezel (i like the hp also cosmetically myself) then they should go for it.
If is funny to see the double standard around here sometimes....somethings are justifiable and some things are not.....
go find a horribly tacky case on the case modding board and tell them they could have gotten the same thing for 150 dollars and it is called the antec sonata......see if they do not just about fall out of there chair in anger...
;)
 
TheGeneral said:
i REALLY hope youre not serious

I am serious, if I'm going to spend $1600, I might as well spend $2000 on something I'm going to have for many years that I find more asthetically pleasing. You never buy a car with a custom paint job? :confused:
 
Well, there would be the stance of the average Apple fan.

Buy something because it's more appealing to the eye, not because it has more features or is more cost effective.
 
GCK said:
Well, there would be the stance of the average Apple fan.

Buy something because it's more appealing to the eye, not because it has more features or is more cost effective.


what features does the HP have over the apple? When you're talking about spending $1600 vs 2K on a friggin computer monitor you've gone way past cost effectiveness. And people pay for cosmetics in every walk of life, not just apple users...see my previous car example.
 
The hp can do hdtv by input and pivots.....
I think anyone who gives anyone a hard time for paying more for something because they think it is cooler or looks better on this board is a hypocrite....
those who feel that way should order the gateway for 599 and not waste time debating here
 
GCK said:
Well, there would be the stance of the average Apple fan.

Buy something because it's more appealing to the eye, not because it has more features or is more cost effective.


Some people can afford to do that

Some people have to choose which cat food they are having for dinner based on which coupons they have
 
i would choose the more expensive whore thats prettier, than the more functional whore that has been around the block a few times.

an extra %25 for something that looks awesome is worth it.
 
I own them both - The HP has more inputs but really are usless unless they are driven by a HD receiver - hooking up a game system, tv tuner ,........ looks horrible because of the extreme interpolation.

The apple is way prettier, ligher, WAY more sturdier (the hp bounces all over the place) and has such a classic look - Go APPLE!
 
Ocean said:
i would choose the more expensive whore thats prettier, than the more functional whore that has been around the block a few times.

an extra %25 for something that looks awesome is worth it.

excellent analogy. I think your post renders all the other argumanets moot :p

(i may even have to sig that)
 
The Apple monitor is purrrrrrdey and yes that is why I bought it. HP vs Apple is really no contest at all. Besides it matches my Powerbook and Aluminium PC case!

The Creative Zen has got plenty more buttons and a few more hours battery life than my iPod but I'm not going to be swapping my iPod for it in this lifetime.

Regardless of case aesthetics the Apple monitor really is pretty awesome as no doubt the HP is too. Widescreen gaming at 1920x1600 guys and gals is truly something to be beheld.

If you can afford it I can only recomend you get out there and buy one of the above because you won't regret it for a second.
 
ok i've ask this question a few weeks ago when the new apple LCD came out!!!
which panel apple use in their 21 and 23" displays??????? i call apple and they couldn't tell me anything!

I agree with kgeorge78. i love my 2001FP and use my friends HP 23" but after seeing the new apple 23" lcd on display omg the dell and hp look like crap :)
 
Hmm, I can get the Apple 23 inch LCD it for 1799 through their educational pricing program. It'd be replacing 2 Sony GDM F500R's - I need the space in my apartment =P How do games run on it? I'm actually worried about how FFXI will look on it with running at a nonnative resolution. Any ghosting? Specs show a 16 ms response time, but if you could provide some subjective opinions, that'd be great...
 
sometimes i really think if there werent so many dumb bastards who bought things based on looks alone apple would be out of business
 
conscript said:
excellent analogy. I think your post renders all the other argumanets moot :p

(i may even have to sig that)

actually, it is a stupid analogy. The relative attractiveness of the whore is an important feature, one that can have significant impact on her performance in the market. :)

The differences in attractiveness between the HP and Apple have zero bearing on how the panel performs, and are fairly tiny, some even prefer the HP, curiously enough.

Somebody said th Apple was lighter than the HP. LOL. Maybe you should weigh Apple's external power brick with the display... then you might change your tune. You know how much HP's external power brick weighs? NOTHING, cause it doesn't have one.

Was easy choice for me. They both have silver bezel of similar width, the HP has internal PS, the HP has more inputs, the HP has pivot, the HP has vertical, the HP costs less, the Apple has an apple logo.

Some people like paying more money for less, long as it has the right logo, I'm not one of them.


PS: I'm not slamming the original poster, he already stated he 'got a deal' on the monitor. If I didn't need the extra features of the HP(I do), and I could've gotten the Apple at the same price, it would've been a potential option for me as well. It is the same panel, after all.
 
I like the HP....do not get me wrong.....but the apple is more attractive and has less dead pixels on average....hp has more features...nice features too
actually all the anti apple, pay more for apple arguements are stupid on this board...
come on....we are the 1 percent that does pay for stuff like that...
what about all you doom 3 whores....
6800gt, 6800 ultra....come on....
the gateway cheapo model will run d3 too.....are you willing to pay 1000 for looks?.......(fast memory, fast processor..etc.etc...)

we are all a bunch of whores.....be proud of it...if someone gets the apple 30'' ....give him some praise...for spending 4000 bucks not put him down because he could have gotten two hp's

:)
chad
 
hornkiku23 said:
I like the HP....do not get me wrong.....but the apple is more attractive and has less dead pixels on average....hp has more features...nice features too
actually all the anti apple, pay more for apple arguements are stupid on this board...
come on....we are the 1 percent that does pay for stuff like that...
what about all you doom 3 whores....
6800gt, 6800 ultra....come on....
the gateway cheapo model will run d3 too.....are you willing to pay 1000 for looks?.......(fast memory, fast processor..etc.etc...)

we are all a bunch of whores.....be proud of it...if someone gets the apple 30'' ....give him some praise...for spending 4000 bucks not put him down because he could have gotten two hp's

:)
chad

Can I get an amen?
 
Back
Top