• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Appartment cable connection slow noob help

PoleVault

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
91
My internet connection at my apartment is slow due to user traffic. It’s obvious that it’s slow from traffic because of it being slow during peak times.
The only time I have preferable bandwidth speed for xbox live or computer gaming is real late at night at 2-3am.
It is high speed cable internet. It’s also a new apartment complex that is very open for suggestions due to a lack of customers.
How do they have this set up? Is there anything I can suggest to them to make this better? Like more accounts…. or something?

Thanks for the help.
 
I'm assuming that they have a cable connection and then somehow split that (VIA a router or something else) to everybody in the appt. I used to live at a place like that, and NEVER used the internet.
The internet was so bad at my old place I'd be better off using fricking 56k!

I called the cable company and had something set up in my APT for me.
 
I'm assuming that they have a cable connection and then somehow split that (VIA a router or something else) to everybody in the appt. I used to live at a place like that, and NEVER used the internet.
The internet was so bad at my old place I'd be better off using fricking 56k!

I called the cable company and had something set up in my APT for me.

I had to do the same thing. The internet that they gave me at my apt. was terrible and I couldn't get a thing done. Well worth it to upgrade to RoadRunner Turbo.
 
Back
Top