Apparently, someone is dumb

—§urfÅceЗ

Limp Gawd
It is clear now. Humans will be the cause of the apocalypse.

wtf

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow... what I don't understand is how those sellers actually get bids like that??? I think the seller is as amazed as we are but very much happier.

Lsv said:
i dont get it?

What don't you get? Someone just bid almost $1000 on a 6800 GT? Or How someone can actually BID $1000 on a 6800 GT? :p

Wow... and I bought one for $325....

... Wasn't that empty XBOX360 box sold for less? :p

Ha, if I could get ahold of the bidders I'd let mine go for a cool $800 lol.

What retards. If they can sell a 6800GT for a grand, I'm gonna try and sell my 7800GTX for 3 grand.

—§urfÅceЗ said:
There is another, the exact same card, also at $999, from the same seller and same bidders.
Guess what I found...?

Maybe we should inform eBay of this little... nah... I'm just going to watch this train wreck like everyone else :D

Intel_Inside said:
What retards. If they can sell a 6800GT for a grand, I'm gonna try and sell my 7800GTX for 3 grand.

You have to understand, this is in California dollars. If you think this markup is high, you should check out what a shitty 2br house is going for.

yevaud said:
You have to understand, this is in California dollars. If you think this markup is high, you should check out what a shitty 2br house is going for.

geebus...and I thought real estates in NYC is ridiculous :rolleyes:

That dude is selling two 6800 GT OC for $1000? And there are people bidding on them? I guess humans will be the cause of apocalpyse :rolleyes:

Zidoas said:
geebus...and I thought real estates in NYC is ridiculous :rolleyes:

That dude is selling two 6800 GT OC for $1000? And there are people bidding on them? I guess humans will be the cause of apocalpyse :rolleyes:

It's some kinda scam, there are new in box BFG 6800GT OC cards on there for under $300

nobi125 said:
It's some kinda scam, there are new in box BFG 6800GT OC cards on there for under $300

No kidding :p

This reminds me of the sale of an empty PS2 Box for almost $500 when it first came out along with the recent Xbox360 BOX ONLY sale for $500+

Wish people would do some research and actually read the item descriptions before bidding

I'll spell it out since no one else has. He obviously scammed the last 3 people on the same card for the 200-300 range, so now one of the people he scammed is just bidding up his auctions so he can't scam more people (on that name at least).

As for CA property, I live in CA. Not just CA, but in the valley (for those familiar with it) I moved into a house right outside beverly hills not just 15 months ago and already have been offered 85% more than what it was bought for. Not to mention I was going to front my brother the money for a down payment on a house in a lesser part of the valley, and best he could find was 1400sq ft for 525,000.

Makes you want to vomit, lol.

Though to be fair, living in the valley of SoCal is pretty awesome. Having a boulevard 15 feet from my front Gate which is 30 miles long of every type of restaurant, and busines you can imagine is nice.

The market will re-adjust.
Many homeowners in CA couldn't afford to buy their own home at current prices.
Way higher than wages. If you seriously could have made an 85% profit I would have sold.
But than I guess you need to find a place to live again...

I am going to turn and twist my toaster burners to make a jesus christ image and sell it for 100k lol this is how stupid society has become from the wealthy inheriting money from parents etc.

hijynx54 said:
I'll spell it out since no one else has. He obviously scammed the last 3 people on the same card for the 200-300 range, so now one of the people he scammed is just bidding up his auctions so he can't scam more people (on that name at least).

MMM. I feel bad for the guy as he's gonna get neg reviews for not paying

if you look at his feedback there is a negative report from "iosystems_2005"

and he's also the guy with the highest bid.

Yah, thats what I said, hotsauce, heh.

As for reselling at the 85% profit. I would just need to find a new place like you said. Plus the new place would just be an 85% markup too, so would be totally useless, lol.

Some people are willing to pay a lot to keep their precious AGP slot. Note that the card is AGP.

It hurts my head when people think that the winning bidder is going to actually pay 1,000 for that card. He obviously is bidding on the card so the seller can't scam anyone else by selling that same card.

Anyone notice that the 6800GT is sitting on bare carpet with nothing under it? If this was a real auction, that card probably wont work now.

c1001 said:
scam scam scam.
eBay is more trouble than it's worth.

Only if you are a complete retard and buy from/sell to shady people.

175+ transactions on ebay> Not one gone wrong. Made a LOT of money off ebay...

I dont want a vid card that was probably rubbed all over carpet, moving around to get the best pic! Possibly causing static discharge on the product yeah?

if you look at the previous auctions this guy has had it seems as though they are very very cheap auctions...
i bet he has multiple accounts and he uses them to buy/sell off one another and build up good feedback and then scams people once he gets a decent feedback rating.

Back