App Makes Your Prissy Car Sound Like A Muscle Car

I miss my old 351W and the way it sounded, but I don't really feel the need for my current car to be loud. I actually like how quiet it is.

Too bad it's only available to people with prissy phones too. :p

Aren't those windshield mounted phone/GPS holders illegal because the block a portion of your vision?

That said, meh... all the sound in the world isn't going to make your crappy card uncrappy. Besides it almost looks like his driving attitude changes, taking turns too fast, gunning the engine. I mean shit don't have those two kids and you can easily afford a car that you want sounding like that :D

Doesn't BMW now include just such a device, since their newer engines don't sound as good? There's also standalone devices that plug into the cigarette lighter and send a muscle car sound to your stereo, based on the electrical noise from the engine.

I need the inverse of this. The exhaust on the 454 is so damned loud I can't hear the poor quality radio in my car.

Eh... maybe it's just me and my not needing to overcompensate for an inadequate manhood, but I've seriously never understood the redneck love of loud engines...

Hell, even when I had a couple track cars I tried to keep them reasonably quiet, and any regular vehicle I buy that isn't already luxury silent I'll very quickly drop several hundred bucks of soundproofing into.

Seriously it's the fucking 21st century... if you can hear the engine of your car it's either bad engineering or just you enjoy being a douchebag.

I need the inverse of this. The exhaust on the 454 is so damned loud I can't hear the poor quality radio in my car.

You Sir, have probably hit on the next evolution of this product. Put the speakers on the OUTSIDE :p

Eh... maybe it's just me and my not needing to overcompensate for an inadequate manhood, but I've seriously never understood the redneck love of loud engines...

Hell, even when I had a couple track cars I tried to keep them reasonably quiet, and any regular vehicle I buy that isn't already luxury silent I'll very quickly drop several hundred bucks of soundproofing into.

Seriously it's the fucking 21st century... if you can hear the engine of your car it's either bad engineering or just you enjoy being a douchebag.

Because the throaty roar of one of the big engines is just sexy. Now, granted, I wouldn't want it as my everyday driving vehicle, but a Shelby Mustang, late model Nova, Corvette's or an air cooled Porsche 911 is just outstanding to hear.

One could always have a BMW M5 where the car stereo imitates that sounds though. That cracks me up since the car looks like raw power and sounds like put put.

Why are children old enough to be in school sitting in car seats like babies?

Some electrics do have them in the bumper. Pedestrians and blind people couldn't hear the cars.

Because some countries like to tell people how to raise kids :( . If a kid is under a certain height they need to sit in booster seats.

This is from the NZ road laws

What are child restraints?

Approved child restraints include:
infant restraints for young babies (often called baby capsules)
restraints for older babies, toddlers and preschool children (often called car seats)
booster seats for preschool and school-aged children
child safety harnesses (used with or without a booster seat) for preschool and school-aged children.

All approved child restraints display standard markings to show they are approved.
Requirements for child restraints

Children aged under five must be secured in an approved child restraint when travelling in cars or vans.
Children aged between five and seven must use a child restraint if available. If not available, they must use a safety belt. If a safety belt is not available they must travel in the back seat.
Children aged between eight and 14 must use safety belts if available. If not available, they must travel in the back seat.
People aged over 14 must wear safety belts where they are available.

International best practice recommends the use of an appropriate child restraint (or booster seat) until your child reaches 148 centimetres tall or is 11 years old.

Think the UK has something similar.

Meh, I would prefer my car to be completely silent.

Eh... maybe it's just me
....and if you can hear the engine of your car it's either bad engineering or just you enjoy being a douchebag.

Damn dude, good job stooping to name calling and insulting your fellow forum members just because YOU prefer a prissy car. :(

and yes...it's just you. :D

Because their parents are pussies. Kids only belong unrestrained, in the cargo bay of a station wagon, or in the bed of a pickup.

(I'll make an exception for my father though, who used to stuff me in the t-top storage area of his Corvette. )

Or maybe you're just too shallow to understand why someone else might like something different to what you like :eek:

Personally I'm not trying to impress anyone with the sound of my vehicle, it's a 42yo car with a big block and I love the sound of it because "I" love the sound of it.

Different strokes for different folks. The reasons cars are quiet now is purely because that's what most people want... but not everyone.

Also, ya know, the whole fact that the best performing engine is the going to be the one with a properly sized exhaust and NO mufflers. There's a reason F1 cars are loud, and it's not because everyone in the pits is a redneck.
Well, firstly, anyone who thinks and then openly states someone is a douchebag for liking cars that have some sound to them is clearly a douchebag :p

Secondly, your comment on "bad engineering" is just wrong. It's only "bad engineering" if silence was a design parameter. If being quiet was never a design parameter to begin with, it's not bad engineering. The race car I used to work on, we had a max noise level at a specific RPM... so the car had a resonance chamber tuned to eliminate noise at that RPM and bring it in to bang on the maximum allowable noise intensity (which, mind you, was still far higher than any street car). Then at any other RPM, it was even louder. THAT was good engineering.

Because their parents are pussies. Kids only belong unrestrained, in the cargo bay of a station wagon, or in the bed of a pickup.

(I'll make an exception for my father though, who used to stuff me in the t-top storage area of his Corvette. )

Funny.

I now see why apple has so many apps. Most of them are stupid shit like this. You wouldn't find such an app on PC.

Today, companies like bmw and lexus are putting engine sound audio generators in their cars.

If you want more noise, delete the muffler.

Tudz, did you pick up a Chevelle?

My Grandma had a 74 Monte Carlo with a 1970 454 LS5. Damn thing was white top, red down to the fuzz. She always wore wide collar floral print blouses and walked with a white cane. Come to think of it, she may have been a pimp.

Nah, got a '71 Vette, shipping it back home in a couple of weeks, one of the most impractical cars known to man. :D But then my daily drivers are spacious and practical cheapo cars that cost almost nothing to run, so I feel it all balances out ;)

I can't see fake car sound sounding close to real, the sound wont be coming from the various parts of the car but rather from one single small point.

Nah, got a '71 Vette, shipping it back home in a couple of weeks, one of the most impractical cars known to man. :D But then my daily drivers are spacious and practical cheapo cars that cost almost nothing to run, so I feel it all balances out ;)

And by daily drivers, I of course mean "cars I will drive when the vette runs out of gas and I can't afford to refill it, days when I need to carry more than 1 corpse and days when the vette breaks" :D

Funny.

I now see why apple has so many apps. Most of them are stupid shit like this. You wouldn't find such an app on PC.

Today, companies like bmw and lexus are putting engine sound audio generators in their cars.

If you want more noise, delete the muffler.

No, don't get rid of the muffler all together. Do that and the car will generally sound horrible and be WAY too loud.

What you really want is to at the very least get high flow CATs (or delete/hollow out at least one of the CATs), and get a higher flow, good sounding muffler (camel fart cans do not count - I am looking at you people with Honda's, etc. that have camel fart cans on their cars).

It also depends on what engine you have as to what muffler will sound the best.

Doing just those mods will get you better fuel mileage and around 20hp or more.

My old 1976 280z, non-CA version (no CAT) with headers and dual exhuast all the way back with Blue Streak glass packs that had nothing left in them sounded wicked.

Funny.

I now see why apple has so many apps. Most of them are stupid shit like this. You wouldn't find such an app on PC......

Dude, I tried, it took a lotta duct tape, but the suction cup smart phone holder won't hold my PC on the dash. That and I have to drive backwards 'cuz I can't see in front of me.

At least in my state, it's the law.
Colorado Revised Statutes 42-4-236 said:
(I)[...] every child who is under eight years of age and who is being transported in this state in a motor vehicle [...], shall be properly restrained in a child restraint system, according to the manufacturer's instructions.

(II) If the child is less than one year of age and weighs less than twenty pounds, the child shall be properly restrained in a rear-facing child restraint system in a rear seat of the vehicle.

(III) If the child is one year of age or older, but less than four years of age, and weighs less than forty pounds, but at least twenty pounds, the child shall be properly restrained in a rear-facing or forward-facing child restraint system.
I could have sworn there was another section for children 4-8, but I can't find it.

Because the throaty roar of one of the big engines is just sexy. Now, granted, I wouldn't want it as my everyday driving vehicle, but a Shelby Mustang, late model Nova, Corvette's or an air cooled Porsche 911 is just outstanding to hear.

I love how quiet my new car is. But, going to a car show or race and hearing those bad ass muscle cars... Damn. Or even the exotics (Ferrari, mmmmm). It's one of those things that just makes you smile. I guess if you're into that sort of thing. Just the raw, unleashed power. I wouldn't make it a daily driver that sounds like that, but a show/race car? Hells yea. Unless it was the Ferrari. Then, I'd drive it daily. But, I'd be a rich man if I could afford that.

I'll stick with my 5.7 liter V8 thank you.
Did you know you can swap out engine parts for a 96 Suburban with a Corvette engine?
Look on some random guy's face in a Mustang, Vette or Camero while I'm running neck in neck...
Priceless.

P.S.
You want a real app for your phone or tablet?
Torque.
Now there's a useful app!
Nothing says gearhead/ nerd like running diagnostics, quarter mile times and charting engine performance when you can do it with a smart phone.
Android only. Sorry Apple.

Back