App for stitching together AVI's?

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
Visual Hub is no longer supported. And the latest copy I have keeps giving me a avilib error when stitching together these AVI files. It's odd because it was visual hub that original converted this files to AVI.

So I need another app for stitching together AVI's. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be OSX only. I can boot into windows if need be.

you should be able to do it at a terminal

type in cat file1 file2 file3 > stitchedfile and it should dump them all into one file

quicktime does it. It's not exactly perfect or easy but it will do basic stitching and then exporting. Although I'm pretty sure it only exports as .mov.

No, QuickTime Player exports to AVI (Cinepak and various DV formats only, but still). With additional components, it does Ogg, WMV and a whole bunch of other container formats along with various codecs to go with them.

Besides, I can't really think of a solution that would be easier than QuickTime Player. Open both files, select all and copy in one of them, and switch to the other one and paste. Export. Job done. The only problem is that the extra functionality costs like $30.

Back