LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Leak tested for a week,,

System been running since about march...

Came in room system was off would not power on then i noticed a puddle in the bottom of my case... Then found a leak on the Block...

Last edited:
Sorry to read about this again. Hope you are able to salvage all your hardware.

Pump/block on CPU with vibration and many seals to go bad directly on CPU isn't a good idea but I know people with limited space need that set up.

It's a bummer yours failed.

I got it because i liked having Flow and pressure right above the Gpu blocks.

I think saw your build log on another forum. Is it correct you had 2 other pumps in the loop? I've been wondering whether the AD2 can handle the pressure if there are multiple pumps. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference but could explain the leak?

There was one other MCP 35X in the loop.

Set up was like this,,

AD2 > gpu block > gpu block > gpu block > 400 ML res > 360 rad >360 rad > 360 rad > Bay res > MCP 35X pump > 360 rad > 250ML res

I think saw your build log on another forum. Is it correct you had 2 other pumps in the loop? I've been wondering whether the AD2 can handle the pressure if there are multiple pumps. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference but could explain the leak?

There was one other MCP 35X in the loop.

Set up was like this,,

AD2 > gpu block > gpu block > gpu block > 400 ML res > 360 rad >360 rad > 360 rad > Bay res > MCP 35X pump > 360 rad > 250ML res

With 3 GPU blocks you really do need 2 pumps to keep the flow up...

Have you contacted Gabe@Swiftech about the seal failure?

I talked to Somebody on the phone.. they said they will replace the AD2 but not any hardware due it's failure.

So far ive tested all 3 gpus psu and there still working..

I still need to test the MB / cpu / ram

I in no way want another AD2 i want them to give me another cpu block and a MCP 35X pump...

A unit like this is in the worst area anything could ever fail.. and id rather not risk it again.

I talked to Somebody on the phone.. they said they will replace the AD2 but not any hardware due it's failure.

So far ive tested all 3 gpus psu and there still working..

I still need to test the MB / cpu / ram

I in no way want another AD2 i want them to give me another cpu block and a MCP 35X pump...

A unit like this is in the worst area anything could ever fail.. and id rather not risk it again.

I'm not surprised at any of that, unfortunately.

Have you tried popping open the pump/block to see what failed? I presume the pump(s) didn't cut out and the gaskets weren't heat damaged? Due to the way it leaked, if the proc got killed it probably got killed by the mobo going out otherwise that proc might still be good.

I recently switched from a 35x to a D5 and couldn't be happier all around. Those 35x run hot and are loud even at low flow/throttle.

I'm not surprised at any of that, unfortunately.

Have you tried popping open the pump/block to see what failed? I presume the pump(s) didn't cut out and the gaskets weren't heat damaged? Due to the way it leaked, if the proc got killed it probably got killed by the mobo going out otherwise that proc might still be good.

I recently switched from a 35x to a D5 and couldn't be happier all around. Those 35x run hot and are loud even at low flow/throttle.

I cannot take it apart it voids the warranty.

Wait, so you have 4 radiators, 3 gpus, cpu, 2 pumps, 3 res's in one loop?..................

You have a leaking dead pump you never want to use again, hoss. What do warranties matter amigo? :)

In case Swiftech does offer any compensation for more than just the AD2, I guess they would want to examine why it failed. I would package it up and send it to them, with a note saying the least they can do is replace with a new pump and a separate cpu block.

As long as you used DI water, you should be okay.

Distilled water becomes slightly ionized in the loop and the second it leaks on anything in your system, it becomes conductive. There is dust on the components in your system and any number of other contaminants that make the water conductive immediately. In my old loop, I had a small leak on the back of my 4870x2 and I only used distilled water and a couple drops of PT Nuke and it caused the card to error out immediately. Luckily it didn't kill it, but the fluid was conductive enough to cause a serious problem.

Moral of the story: Don't trust nonconductive fluid to stay nonconductive if there is a leak. Prevent leaks at all costs.

There is dust on the components in your system and any number of other contaminants that make the water conductive immediately
I only used distilled water and a couple drops of PT Nuke and it caused the card to error out immediately

Both types of PT Nuke are electrolytes, so it had nothing to do with dust or "contaminants", it was the biocide you put it which made the water ionised.

Back