Apocalypse *lots of pics*

GnG

Limp Gawd
Ok here is my first serious case mod i hope you all like it if not hey i cant make everyone happy... Ok i started off with a pia cube case. If you dont know what it is dont worry there are alot of people that never heard of them.

So here is a pic of what it looked like before i modded it
pia.jpg

apoc-front.JPG

Here is one of the pics of the front...

apoc-front2.JPG

Another one of the front and yes i know my bondo skills arnt that good

apoc-open.jpg

Here is the front door open.. Sorry about the crappy pic i cant get a good one of it with flash off

apoc-water.jpg

here is a close up of the water setup in the front

apoc-right.JPG

here is the right side with EL-wire you can also see the radiator on the back with two 80mm tornados

apoc-back.JPG

here is a pic of the back

apoc2.JPG

and here is a pic of the case window.. well its not really a window since you cant see inside of it but its cool either way

Thanks for checking out my case

Looks like you put some work into it!

Might I suggest either really re-sanding that bondo section, or cutting a plastic or wood section to replace it. (or put overtop and glue in place.)

After a while, you're going to look at it and really dislike that flaw.

(stares at his first bondo-gone-wrong experiment.)

It looks pretty good, but that horrible section to the right of the lcd screen looks like a dog was chewing on it. (like plastic) That really makes the case look like crap, and ghetto like for leaving it like that. If you can get that fix, it would be a great mod. Just some constructive criticism.

quick question: why did you bondo the door? what was wrong with it in the before pic?

You shouldn't have said the door was a bad bondo job, but rather the result of an expensive epoxy that you spent days getting just right to match the theme of your case. Then we would have been "ohh, ahhh..."

Peach: The original door curved so the flat lcd really wouldnt fit with it so i had to raise the sides of the front to get the lcd to fit correctly.

Jonsey: Yeah i thought about doing that... or just saying screw it and do the rest of my case to match it.

I like the LCD...where'd ya get it? I want one for one of my upcoming projects...provided I'm smart enough to make it do what I want rather than simply being an extension of the actual Monitor view...

What size is it, what kind of interface did you have to have for it to work with the PC? etc etc etc

Looks like a GBA-SP...

CrashGawker: its a PSONE lcd hooked up through vga as second monitor out.

I like it, but that bondo job needs some help. But at least you had the balls to try it.

The only thing.....it just screams GHETTO to me....I dunno why.

Maybe its the TWO tornados....bet you dont sleep next to it.

TV: It is pretty ghetto (GnG is a good friend of mine, I watched him do a lot of the work to this case)

I will add that while it isnt the most perfect case EVAR!, GnG enjoys it, and likes what he has done w/ the PIA Cube. I've seen the bad bondo job in person, and it really isnt that noticable, it's just with the flash from the camera, it brings it out a bunch.

TV, where in Illinois are u from?

To "battle" Apocalypse, I present my X-Men "Iceman" mod of the same PIA case that I recently completed:

Iceman Mod Page

*Not to be confused with a Finland Theme* heh

xpavement, what are the odds someone else would do an x-men based pia-cube? dude that a sweet system simple and cool.

I couldn't believe it myself, so that's why I had to join the forum and post my mod. I have some aqua el-wire on the bottom of the case, with some added coasters so the light can be seen better, but I did contemplate doing an "X" on the side in the exact same way you did your "A" with the EL-Wire! Mad props for getting a water cooling system in there! It's hard enough dealing with air cooling in this case!

I like it, it's an excellent mod. Maybe not 100% perfect, but the idea is amazing in y opinion

I guess the camera does bring out the imperfections in the bondo. Even so, it looks like the paint does a good job of matching up with Apocalypse's colors, and it looks dandy to boot.

Besides, who could go wrong with Apocalypse?

Back