• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Apevia Power Supply?

pj124

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
68
I'm building a new rig and was interested in the quality of Apevia PSU. The PSU I'm thinking of buying is; APEVIA (ASPIRE) Chameleon ATX-AS550W. Honestly, the only reason I'm checking this PSU is because it looks really damn cool and it's 550w. Can anyone give me any feedback on Apevia?

Listed below are the specs of my new computer I'm working on;

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
MSI 975X Platinum Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
eVGA 512-P2-N573-AR Geforce 7900GTO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
pqi TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
LITE-ON Burner
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
 
Come on....


Apevia IS Aspire. Don't be tricked by the name change.
 
jonnyGURU said:
Come on....


Apevia IS Aspire. Don't be tricked by the name change.

Sorry, I'm new to this. I don't know anything about Aspire either.
 
Aspire is one of the worst "manufacturers" there are. They over-rate seriously, their idea of regulation is 10% (ATX Spec is 5%), and just flat out lying. I wouldn't be suprised if that 550 will do 400w without exceeding atx spec, blowing up, or just flat out blowing.

If you want bling, try something like the Aerocool ZeroDBA. It's got the chrome, modular, and pimp cables. It's also reliable, good voltage regulation, and very quiet.
 
Aspire isn't THAT bad i have had a 500 watt aspire PSU for about 3 years now and it runs fine
 
Sniper X said:
Aspire isn't THAT bad i have had a 500 watt aspire PSU for about 3 years now and it runs fine
It is that bad. You have been very lucky, I recommend replacing it ASAP! :eek:
 
Just because something will run for a while doesn't mean it's ok. I had an L&C 350 in my sister's P4 for the last 3 years. Nothing wrong with it at all. Then one day it killed the hard drive and video card.
 
Back
Top