• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

apc XS1000 2 beeps every 2 seconds

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
9,223
I had a power outage the other day, the UPS did it's job, since I was around and there was someone sleeping in the house (there was tons of beeping all over the house going on from various UPSes) I decided to prematurely shutdown all the equipment. A pole fuse was blown so I figured at least an hour before the power is restored anyway. So everything was shut down, I turned off all UPSes etc.

After the power came back I turned everything back on, no issues.

Today I noticed that it beeps twice every 2 seconds, and the mute button flashes. There is no error or anything going on. The battery is not charging though. It's showing that it's half way.

Anyone know what's going on? This is a brand new UPS...
 
push the self test button does it pass?
I have found APC tech support to be great so contact them about it.
 
Back
Top