APC UPS PowerChute does not support HyperV

Freak1

Limp Gawd
Hi there.

So i setup my Smart-UPS 2200 and got the latest PowerChute Business Edition installed it and i says i need to buy deluxe version to use it with HyperV, wtf...

So is there a way to get around that, im not about to spend more money on software that was suppose to come with the UPS.

Hi there.

So i setup my Smart-UPS 2200 and got the latest PowerChute Business Edition installed it and i says i need to buy deluxe version to use it with HyperV, wtf...

So is there a way to get around that, im not about to spend more money on software that was suppose to come with the UPS.

HyperV runs on Windows Server 2008, are you not able to set up a safe shutdown through the control panel anywhere? I am surprised that PowerChute would request you purchase a higher edition.

Is a safe shutdown sequence all that you're trying to set up?

Thanks Tony.

I might be able to do it through controll panel haven't really thought about that. I will check that.

I never really worked with UPS before so im not sure what PowerChute is able to do. Yes safe shutdown sequence is the most important thing. But i would also like to se how many watts my setup is using and how long it can remain online in the event of a powerout. I guess i need the PowerChute software for that right?

Back