• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

APC SMT/SUA 1500RM2U Racking

lazy7689

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 9, 2010
Messages
73
I am planning on racking a SMT1500RM2U in a 4 post rack using only the rack ears. From what I can tell, the unit with batteries weighs about 70 lbs. The rack ears will be located at the front of the unit as opposed to the middle. My concern is the strength of the ears/post/screws. Does anyone have experience racking their UPS without additional support? Any feedback would be appreciated.
 
I don't have one of those but if I did I'd place it on the bottom resting on the base of the rack.
 
That's what I would do except my rack is an enclosed rack with sound dampening material on all sides (xrackpro). I would prefer to actually have the ups raised off of the floor of the rack.

I realize that I could just buy a 4 post rack/shelf to assist in supporting the weight but would rather not spend the $50+ for a few sheets of metal if the ears are sufficient.
 
Back
Top