APC BACK-UPS ES

Retardo

Gawd
not sure if this is where it goes but...

i have the APC BACK-UPS ES for quite awhile now and when the electricity goes out my computer shuts off too. shouldnt it still stay on w/ the backup batter? So should i replace the battery or the whole thing? is there any way of telling whats wrong and what to replace?

i dont have a hardcore computer system to if that matters...

AMD Athlon XP2500
ATI x1600pro
audigy 2
2HDDs
monitor

did you install powerchute? is the battery plugged in? how old is the battery?

enginurd said:
did you install powerchute? is the battery plugged in? how old is the battery?
dont kno what a powerchute is. i got it as a gift already used. so no box/instructions. batter is plugged in. and really dont kno how old the battery is.

i mean when my power goes out my lamp still stays on. just not the computer.

powerchute is the ups software that comes with apc back-ups models. download it and install it to check your battery's status.

Some UPS's have outlets that are battery protected and others that are surge-protected only. My BackUPS Pro's have 4 battery backed-up, and 4 or 5 surge protected only.

Check yours. You may be plugged into a surge-protected only outlet.

Been there, done that :)

-Larry

heh, i assumed he checked that already... though maybe not, since he got it used.

wow it says i need to check my USB connection when i tried to install powerchute. didnt know there was a USB to it...

as for the outlets. they are right. i looked it up online.

Retardo said:
wow it says i need to check my USB connection when i tried to install powerchute. didnt know there was a USB to it...

as for the outlets. they are right. i looked it up online.
Im guessing you don't have the USB cable hookup your computer to the ups. go get one :)

Back